Friday, 14 April 2017

Dream 807

'Bad Advocacy'
Date: 13 April 2017
Time: 01:30 - 09:00 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Weak recall 

Scene 1: A Hall, Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I can only recall one scene from this dream. I was in a large hall, which looked like a school gym - it had a polished floor and there was no furniture visible in the room other than a long bench on which I was sitting, along with a number of other dream characters, and a desk, a short distance away, adjacent to the bench, which had a group of older male dream characters sat behind it. I do not think any of these dream characters are known to me in real life. 

I was representing a young male defendant, who was on trial. All U recall about him was that he was white and dressed casually. I am not sure what crime he was alleged to have committed. The men sitting at the bench were the judges. I am not sure of what roles were being performed by the other dream characters present.

I remained sitting on the bench, while my client, the criminal defendant stood up, next to me. The judges were asking him questions - it seemed as if they were cross-examining him. I found the whole incident to be very funny and was not taking anything seriously. I cannot recall what the defendant was asked, but I whispered to him (loud enough to be audible to the judges), telling him what to answer. The answer I told him was about 'cumming' (male ejaculation specifically). He gave this answer. When asked another question by the judges, I again whispered an answer to the defendant, telling him to say something about penises or ejaculation. I could tell that the judges were getting angry with me and I was just sitting there laughing to myself, while encouraging the defendant to make lewd sexual statements. I received some form of warning from the judges, that I must stop fooling around and being offensive in court. They asked a final question to the defendant and I said to him: 'Say pre-cum. It looks like pre-cum' (I am not sure what 'looked like pre-cum') but my client repeated what I told him. One of the judges exploded in anger and shouted that the defendant was guilty - this was my fault for being such a poor advocate and I knew this. The defendant went to stand in the middle of the room - it was time for him to mitigate before sentence. He looked at me as if silently pleading for my help. I asked the judges if I could give his plea in mitigation, but they told me that he would have to do this himself because I was banned from speaking anymore in court that day. I knew that the defendant would not be able to give a good plea in mitigation and would end up getting a heavy sentence. I did feel guilty about this, but still found the whole event humorous.

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream - I know that there was more detail involved, but I have forgotten all other information.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • A school gym as a dream scene location

Dreamsigns: 
  • The court and my actions during a trial

Day Residue: 
  • The day before this dream I had mentioned some pro bono legal work I had been performing during a conversation with DL

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was really funny - I was amused during the dream and when I woke up from it. I sometimes think that my rather provocative personality and demeanour have affected my legal career and I think that this dream reflects this. I really wish I could remember more about this dream and I hope that some of my recall comes back because I did enjoy the very brief scene I have been able to retrieve from my memory. If I recall anything else about this dream, I will record it below.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously we promptly start to defend what we have done, we rationalize our conduct. The other thing individuals do, the mentally sound activity is to concede you committed an error and choose to not rehash it. Cannabis Stores

    ReplyDelete