Thursday 20 September 2012

Dream 84

I was aware that I was in my Dream Town - a recurrent, strangely familiar town I have in my dreams which does not seem to correlate with any waking memory of a real-life place I may have visited. I was looking over the town and saw many of the locations I have previously dreamt of. In one scene I was positioned some meters above the ground, looking down at a street which was lined with commercial buildings, townhouses and trees. There was a very cottagey-looking, organic supermarket on the corner, surrounded by flowers and short, stumpy fern-like trees. It seemed like an urban environment - the buildings were all tall and looked as though they should belong in a city, except for the organic supermarket. The weather was dry, but cloudy and grey - it was daytime. On my left side, down the road, I could see a multi-storey car-park and a factory. I knew it was a 'crab factory'. There was a rainbow graffitied on the side of the wall, which was red brick. The roads were very narrow and claustrophobic. The next scene was sunny - I was standing outside the warehouse that had the freezers full of frozen food, on top of green grassy hills, which rolled down towards the city. I was looking down at the city, which appeared to be in a wide valley between the hills on one side and cliffs/sea on the other side. I was then in a dark room, with some kind of wooden surface against a wall - like a very wide shelf, at waist height, or a table mounted into the wall. There were several other (unrecognisable) people in this room with me. I was holding a bucket of soapy water, which I threw onto the floor - soaking a pile of white and pale blue teddy bears which were piled there. The floor was black and dusty. I was then standing on the street in my Dream Town again. This time the tall buildings were positioned along a very narrow inner-city street which felt like it might have been in the past - not the far past, more like the 1970s - now. Everything was brown or sepia toned. The sun was very hot and bright. There was a thick dust in the air; many pedestrians were on the pavements, and the traffic was busy. Many of the cars were black cabs and taxis. I was standing outside an antiques store, but could see the shops across the road were high-class fashion stores, boutiques, fancy cafes and department stores stocking luxury items. I became aware that the name of this town was “Sudsbury” (the next day, upon waking I Googled 'Sudsbury' and found that there is a town in Suffolk called 'Sudbury' and a place known as 'Sudbury and Harrow Road' north-west of Wembley in Greater London - I have not been to either of these real-life places and the photographs available online did not resemble the locations in my dream in any way). I found myself in a brightly lit room with a mirror on a white, textured wall and a red velvet sofa. A very orange-skinned, grey-haired middle-aged man in a black tuxedo loomed into my face, right up close, making me jump and feel nervy. I walked over to the mirror, which was an oval shape, with a posh gold frame. I looked at my reflection - I appeared as I do in real-life, but I had two very deep creases (like frown lines) between my eyebrows. I felt concerned and rubbed at them, trying to erase them. The next thing I remember, I was sitting in a dimly lit lecture theatre, in a row near the middle, at a long desk, with people seated either side of me. These people were not familiar, but I knew them in the dream. I then saw a very short girl. We were both dressed the same - in a red, sequined, backless halter-neck mini-dress, with a white feather on a headband, and red sequined high-heel shoes. I told the other people in the lecture theatre that I had dressed this short girl (who was pale-skinned with light brown shoulder length hair and a slim figure) in an identical outfit to mine "so she could be like me". The short girl danced an Irish gig in between the rows of tables in the lecture theatre. Her head was barely at the level of the desk, she must have been up to my waist in height. I got off my chair and danced around with her. I then found myself seated again, and the short girl had gone. EB came over to me and handed me a bag. He said: "This is from K-Dog" (our mutual friend). EB then walked off and sat at a spare seat on a different row. The people sat either side of me (I cannot remember any specific details) were looking over my shoulder, very interested in what was in the bag. I looked in it. There was a large quantity of cannabis at the bottom and some paper wraps on top. I picked up the paper wraps and unwrapped them. Inside was white powder (cocaine?) with unbroken lumps of the same white substance mixed in. I started fiddling with it, but was trying not to let the others see what it was. Someone came to the front of the room - a middle-aged white woman in a white lab jacket and grey skirt. She was introducing the lecturer. This was an elderly man, with balding white hair, also wearing a white lab jacket over his clothes. He told us he was a "Chief Prosecutor". I felt only slightly concerned that I was holding a bag of drugs. Suddenly I dropped the wraps on my lap and the white powder spilt everywhere, making a very big mess. I tried to pick it back up, but it was impossible. It was also on the desk and my books. I swallowed some of it, but it did not seem to have any effect on me. I quietly showed the two persons either side of me what had happened. They were more concerned about my situation than I was, warning me I could get caught. The scene changed and I was in a room which appeared to be a party. Again, the lights were very dim, and people were sitting on sofas, with small coffee tables in front of them. A male (approximately 18 - 24 years old) came up to me - he was approximately my height and had curly blonde hair and was wearing a white or pale-coloured T-shirt. He punched me straight in the face, hard. I stumbled backwards in surprise, but I did not feel that scared or upset. I went to the back of the room and saw that I was behind a bar, with two female barmaids. I started pouring drinks for the guests in the party. Three young males lined up at the bar. One was white with dark hair; one was dark-skinned (black or Asian, it wasn't clear); and one was white with ginger hair. They were all the same, medium height and slim, dressed casually. The dark-skinned male was smiling widely. They all seemed really nice and friendly. I poured them some clear drinks in half-pint glasses, with navy-blue straws. One of the female barmaids approached from the side and said: "These lot are much better for you than that other guy, he's no good..." I took that to mean the blonde-haired boy who had hit me in the face earlier. I was laughing, feeling really happy at this moment. I said to the three males: "You can all join my circle..." and they agreed with me. I then became aware that the male who had hit me in the face was standing to the side of the three males, leaning on the bar. He was scowling. I thought maybe he had overheard the conversation. The three males sat at a table close to the bar. I thought I should be brave and went over to the blonde male who had hit me. I looked him in the eye, but he didn't say or do anything. I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment