Wednesday 23 August 2017

Dream 865

'Jimmy Savile Victim'
Date: 19 August 2017
Time: 02:30 - 10:30
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: Cromer, Norfolk - Night
I was in the street in Cromer, near the Bus Station (the scene of a very recent rape of a teenage girl). It was night. I was with 2 male dream characters, who I knew in the dream, but who I cannot recall now - although one of them may have been DL, as in the dream I felt I was able to confide in him. I was aware that many years ago, when I was a child I had been sexually abused by paedophile Jimmy Savile - so I was the victim of historical sexual abuse. I felt so violated. I had only just disclosed this abuse to the police and there was going to be a trial (even though Savile is dead, and one of the notable things about him was that investigations into rumours and allegations had not led to prosecutions while he was alive, so he escaped justice, despite being the UK's most prolific sex offender). One of the dream characters I was with was telling me that I would have a hard job proving the abuse, as there was no evidence that it happened. However, I was aware that there was CCTV evidence which proved that it happened. I mentioned this to the dream character who I think was DL - he told me that the CCTV could be altered or edited in a way to undermine my case and I felt scared and worried in case he was right. The decorative lights which are a common sight in Cromer were very bright against the night sky. I started walking down the street, feeling desperate. I wished that I had not remembered the sexual abuse. I then had an image in front of me which was basically a screen, about to play the CCTV footage of my sexual abuse by Savile. It showed the same street in Cromer which I was currently standing in (I am not sure which street this was in real life). It was raining on the video footage. I wanted it to stop playing as I did not want to watch, and the CCTV did in fact stop playing. I was terrified in case I could not prove my case against Savile.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My local area (Cromer is less than 5 miles from my hometown in Sheringham, and I spent a lot of time there when I lived in North Norfolk)

Dreamsigns: 

  • I was a victim of Jimmy Savile's abuse
  • The CCTV evidence just seemed to start playing

Day Residue: 
  • On Friday 18 August 2017 there was a rape of a teenager at the Cromer Bus Station
  • Sheringham and Cromer went on 'lockdown' after some low-level disorder following some travellers moving into the area
  • I found out - subsequent to this dream - that there had been some controversy at the Cromer Carnival fancy dress competition as one of the winners had dressed up as convicted paedophile, Rolf Harris and had also included references to dead paedophile Jimmy Savile (he had an easel, which referred to touching kids and loving Savile) - this story made the national news
  • I had read 2 recent stories on the internet - one was about Harris being abused in the street (following his release from prison) and the other was about a former Jimmy Savile impersonator who had to quit his job after being abused in public (for making a career out of impersonating Britain's most notorious sex offender!)

Waking Reactions: 
This was a terrible dream as I am sure anyone reading this would agree. There was nothing positive about it whatsoever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment