Tuesday 24 March 2020

Dream 1062

'Bungling Wookiee Workers'
Date: 10 January 2020
Sleep times: Unknown
Dream type: Normal
Additional:

Scene 1
Location: A laptop repair centre (Norwich?)
Time: Day
I had broken my laptop (a frequent recurrent dream theme). I need to send my laptop off to be repaired, but I had to travel separately from my laptop, which I did not like. Myself and my laptop would be travelling in separate vehicles. I decide that the best way to send my laptop would be to wrap it up as a (square) box-shaped gift with a shiny red bow on it. The box was around the size of 4 house bricks stacked, 2 by 2. It was much smaller than my laptop would be. I was aware that I had to arrive at the laptop repair shop before my laptop did, or else work would begin on it 'without my consent' and I would not be able to supervise that the workers were doing the right repairs. This caused me to have great anxiety. I thought that without my explicit instructions they might do something wrong or make the problem worse. I am not sure where the dream was taking place, but the location seemed familiar to me in the dream itself. I arrive via what I assume was a taxi. The laptop repair centre looked like a normal city building. I discovered that my laptop had already arrived and was inside in the building and already being fixed. I was not happy and entered the building, desperate to find my laptop. I was walking down corridors. I do not recall seeing or talking to any dream characters while I was navigating the building. Fortunately I managed to coincidentally find the right room quickly - this was a factory/production line type of room. The people working in this area were Wookiees!

I am desperate to try and find my laptop and talk to the Wookie responsible for fixing my laptop, but I cannot see - all the Wookiees look alike. I am then approached by a dream character who appeared to be a mix of a Wookiee and a human - which did not seem odd to me at all. He appears to have been sent over in a customer service role, to handle my 'complaint'. I had not indicated I wanted to make a complaint. We left the factory/production line area and entered a different room on the same corridor, and now we are at some kind of theatrical event, sitting on a balcony/elevated platform, looking down at a stage. I turn to look at the Wookiee/humanoid dream character and become aware that it is Bungle (the bear) from Rainbow. I start to question how it is that I first thought he was a Wookiee - he seems to be inferior to the Wookiees. I am confused because I am, at this point, questioning my perception of how he looked before and why I had perceived him to be a Wookiee. 

On stage, the Wookies were putting on some kind of variety show, performing short skits, clown acts, stand-up routines etc. I was aware that below where I was sitting with 'Bungle', there were other audience members, these were just members of the public. The seats were only about one third occupied, which gave me the impression that the Wookiee show was sub-standard. I also had the strong feeling that the Wookiees should be working rather than putting on a theatrical performance. 

I am then informed by 'Bungle' that the Wookiee fixing my laptop had erased my entire Blog from my laptop (and the internet). This was one of my greatest fears related to my laptop. 'Bungle' then started laughing at me in a maniacal, hostile and mocking way, which confuses me as I am not sure what has changed between us for his mood to shift in this way. He points at the stage and I look at the Wookiees. One Wookiee is performing an act which involves squashing peaches or nectarines. 'Bungle' tells me that the squashed peaches are my laptop.

  • The reference to public transport may be due to the fact I used various types of public transport on the day before this dream.
  • On the day of this dream I had been watching a Youtube video which referred to Wookiees (Chewbacca) and their home planet of Kashyyyk.
  • The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise was told to Anakin Skywalker by Darth Sidious (Sheev Palpatine) while they were watching an opera - so in a theatrical setting - during Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005).
  • On the day before this dream I was listening to Rob Brydon and Julia Davis' commentary on Human Remains (2000) - in one episode ('All Over my Glasses') two characters named Stephen and Michelle (who lack intellect and social skills) are planning their wedding, using household items to represent guests for a table plan. When Michelle moves the peach which represents her closer to the torch which represents Stephen (who has seated himself next to Michelle's brother instead of the bride), Stephen aggressively bites into the peach to teach her a lesson. 

Darth Plagueis the Wise
Sheev Palpatine (Darth Sidious) & Anakin Skywalker at the opera in Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)
Wookiees
Bungle from Rainbow
Peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment