Monday 10 October 2016

Dream 709

'WOW'
Date: 8 October 2016
Time: 00:30 - 09:00 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: Unknown Interior Location  - Time Unknown
I was with my Mum in an interior which was quite dark and had sofas running along a wall. My Mum was sitting and I was standing. I pulled up my top and noticed that my belly was bright red and covered in golf-ball sized lumps. I wondered if I was pregnant and was worried, because I really did not want to have a baby. I tried to show my Mum, but she wasn't paying attention. 

I was then looking at a piece of jewellery, which came in 2 parts. I think it was a necklace, but one piece separated from the other. The necklace spelled out 'Wow' in white plastic lettering on a gold chain, and was in the Timepiece font from the title of my favourite movie, A Clockwork Orange (1971) (see below image). I really wanted the necklace because of this association. 

Scene 2: A Bedroom - Time Unknown
I was then in a very large (king-size) bed in an unfamiliar bedroom. The bed had a white duvet and I was under the duvet with some other (unseen) dream characters. This dream scene seemed sexual, but there were no explicit sexual acts taking place as far as I can recall. I saw my hand come out from the duvet along with a number of hands belonging to other dream characters. This was all I could see of myself and the others. We all held onto each other's hands - I noticed in particular one belonging to a female, with red nail polish - the fingers of this hand were interlinked with my own.

I then was getting ready for a party - getting dressed in a short black corduroy miniskirt with a belt. I thought: 'I must have lost weight to fit into this skirt' and was relieved that my belly was no longer red and lumpy and I knew I could not possibly be pregnant. My Mum was also involved in this scene.  

I cannot recall anything else about this dream, but there were some details I have forgotten. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My Mum as a dream character
  • Party

Dreamsigns: 
  • The appearance of my belly

Day Residue: 
  • The day of this dream someone asked what kind of movies I liked and I thought of answering A Clockwork Orange, but instead just described my preferred genres
  • The day of this dream I saw a picture of a blogger I follow, wearing a large statement necklace (an anatomical representation of a human heart)

Waking Reactions: 
This dream did not reference my Dream Incubation Experiment or Eminem. I did not enjoy the first part of this dream, because I was in fear that I was pregnant and this left me feeling anxious. The second scene was quite confusing as I was not aware of what was going on, and it seemed sexual, but unclear. The rest of the dream left me with no particular reactions. I know I have forgotten some of this dream, hut if I recall anything else at a later stage, I will record it below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment