Tuesday 11 October 2016

Dream 711

'Lost Clothes'
Date: 10 October 2016
Time: 03:00 - 11:00 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: An Interior (Train Station?) - Time Unknown (Day?)
I was with my Mum and was planning to go somewhere - I am not sure where. The scene later seemed to be a train station or somewhere from which people were getting ready to depart/travel, but at the start of the dream I had no idea where we were (reflecting from a waking perspective - in the dream everything seemed to make sense). In preparation for me going to the location as planned, I was getting dressed and packing a bag of clothes - dresses and high heeled shoes, makeup/jewellery and hair straighteners - all the stuff which would be necessary if I was going somewhere special and wanted to make an effort. 

My Mum and I met with - or became aware we were in the company of - 2 males, both black. One of them looked like a cross between Richard Blackwood and Nas and his name was Liam (see the morphed composite image I have created to illustrate this dream character, below). He was a minor celebrity, although I do not know what his job was as it was not revealed in the dream. He was wearing a white hoodie, with the hood up. The other male was a very tall fat man whose name was Peter Harvey. He seemed to be quite stupid and in the dream I got the impression that Liam was his carer or was in some way supervising his behaviour. 

At some point the men left. I then noticed that Peter Harvey had taken the box in which I had packed all of my clothes. Until this point I had not been aware I had packed them in a box. I do not think he stole them, I got the impression that he had taken them by accident or mistake. I was very annoyed and concerned, as these were possessions that I valued and needed. 

It was at this point in the dream that I became aware that we might be in a train station - we were in a well-lit area which had the kind of tiled walls you see in a London Underground station and people were passing by, as if rushing to catch a train. I realised that Peter Harvey had taken off his trousers and I was surprised that he was going round in public in just his underwear. I picked up his trousers - a pair of baggy beige chino-type trousers which he had abandoned on the floor, hoping to find a mobile phone, but all I saw was a wallet. Inside the wallet was a banknote for 20 units of whatever currency it was in. My Mum said that it was 'Canadian money' so I accepted this, and put it back in the wallet. At this point we walked outside and it appeared that we were on my Nan's road in Sheringham. It was daylight. 

Scene 2: A Domestic Interior (Our Home in Dream) - Night
It was now evening and my Mum and I got home - to a house which was ours in the dream, but not one we have ever lived in in real life. I saw that we had a front garden with a small wooden gate and seemed to be living in a small housing estate. 

My Mum said that we should call Liam and ask him to help us get my possessions back. At this point in the dream I realised (my Mum may have told me this fact, or I might have just remembered it) that my aunt VF was having an affair with Liam, who was married. My Mum said because Liam was like a member of the family he would definitely want to help. 

My Mum called Liam's house. I could tell by her conversation with whoever picked up the phone that she was speaking to a very small child - she said: 'Can I speak to Mummy or Daddy please?' and I realised that Liam had a very young daughter. My Mum then started talking to a woman with a Jamaican accent - it was Liam's wife. My Mum seemed to know her well and get on with her. She asked Liam's wife to get her to return the call after they had spoken for a while. When she came off the phone she told me that Liam's wife would get him to help retrieve my possessions from Peter Harvey when he got back home. 

Scene 3: A Classroom - Day
I was then in a large classroom. The 'students' were my colleagues from my Student Services job and the teacher was my former primary school teacher, Mrs Patterson. I was sitting some way towards the back of the class, chatting to my friend LD2, who was lounging casually on a sofa to my left hand side. As we were chatting (I am not sure what about), a blonde female - one of our colleagues in the dream, but not someone we know in real life - came up to LD2 (running), laid her full body against him, and slid down it - replicating a move used in lap-dancing clubs, where the dancer establishes full body contact with a seated client. She did this very slowly, hardly moving and I found it to be distracting and rude. LD2 did not react to it and continued to chat to me, but I got up and said something to the effect of me leaving him to it as he seemed 'busy' - this was said in an offhand way. 

I moved to the front of the class, where a former colleague (who in the dream still worked with us) was speaking aloud to the 'class'. Mrs P then turned to me and told me it was my turn. I had no clue what the exercise was and so was confused and anxious. Someone - SC or Mrs P - pointed to the chalkboard and told me that we were reading poems from my work training manual (the actual manual we use for my work training - but the content was different, as described hereafter). We then had to orally list the range of emotions we felt in relation to each verse of the poem. On the chalkboard was SC's writing - her poem had been 3 verses, and she had written 3 lists of emotions in relation to each. 

I was looking in the working training manual for the poetry section, but I could not find it anywhere. I thought I would be in trouble. I stopped on a page which was a picture of a beach scene. There was a white (very pale) male - only the legs were shown. He was wearing very short shorts and was bending over in a way which highlighted his legs, which were quite curvy and thick, and very hairy. I thought that if I started a conversation about this image then Mrs P might forget to make me do my recital of poetic emotions. She was now seated next to me. I said: 'This is a nice picture' and she replied: 'I'd love legs like his' while stroking the image of the man's legs with the tip of her finger. As I was still eager to not do my recital in front of the class, I agreed and said I wanted to have legs like his too, although in my mind I was thinking that I definitely did not want pale, hairy men's legs, even though they were a nice shape. Mrs P then reassured me that I would not have to do my recital. 

There was more conversation and I cannot recall what happened right at the end of this dream, although I feel I have remembered almost all of the important details, which is rare for me.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My Mum as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • The situation with the lost items and how we dealt with it
  • The fact my colleagues and I were involved in some kind of workplace training that involved my primary school teacher and a poetry recital

Day Residue: 
  • The day of this dream I had seen a picture of Nas which people were sharing on Facebook - I think it was photoshopped, but it showed Nas sucking on someone's toes (assumed to be female, but with the biggest feet I have ever seen). I think the original picture had been Nas smoking a bong
  • Liam is the name of one of my best friends - who later appeared in Scene 3 of this dream
  • The day of this dream I had been standing in a queue in my university shop and overheard the people behind me discussing 'Canadian stereotypes'
  • My aunt VF had left a comment on my Facebook status which I had read a few hours before I went to sleep and had this dream
  • My Mum and I had been talking about Jamaican friends 3 days prior to this dream
  • Several days ago, DL and I were watching a documentary on contemporary art and were introduced to an amazing Glaswegian artist, Katie Paterson
  • A couple of hours before this dream I had tagged LD2 into a status about grammar
  • A couple of hours before this dream I had been discussing lapdancing with a male friend and he asked if touching was allowed in the strip club where I formerly worked
  • CS had been mentioned in a conversation on the day of this dream
  • On the day of this dream I had been complimented on my thick thighs and big butt

Waking Reactions: 
This dream did not reference my Dream Incubation Experiment or Eminem. I really loved this dream - it was so vivid and seemed to be really significant at the time - as if I was experiencing important events which were meaningful. I woke up remembering so much of this dream and even though I did not record it straightaway, the memories of what happened were very strong and persistent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment