Wednesday 24 June 2015

Dream 457

'Great Yarmouth, Ibiza, America'
Dream date: 22 June 2015
I was supposedly travelling to Ibiza with my mum, but I was aware that I had not packed any suitcases to take with me. My mum was telling me that we had to leave immediately for the airport and I was anxious about not having any clothes to take with me. I kept stressing about this. My mum said that I should just buy some clothes at the airport. I told a female dream character (I am not sure who) that I would buy several pairs of leggings from Primark, because they only cost £3 each. The dream character told me £6 was too expensive for leggings (despite me telling her they were £3). I could not be bothered to correct her.

The scene changed and I was in 'America' - however, America looked like - and was recognised in the dream to be - Great Yarmouth. It was just a big, run-down tourist town on the coast, with street vendors selling gifts and memorabilia, fairground rides, stalls selling ice cream and candyfloss etc. It was sunny and I was walking along the high street, with the sea in front of me and to my sides, the gift shops and amusement arcades - and a big building with a pointed red roof. I went to a stall and bought a snack - which was red and on a stick. I have no idea what it actually was, or whether it was sweet or savoury. 

The scene changed and I was petting a largish brown dog who needed to be rescued. I could see nothing of the scenery surrounding us, only that it was outside, daylight and the ground was made of grey concrete. My face was close to the dog, as I was kneeling down to stroke it, and I was aware that it might bite me, so I moved back a little. However, the dog was gentle and friendly. He was homeless and I decided that I should take him with me to help him. We were then in my old childhood home (approximate ages 12 - 22 years) in Pine Grove, Sheringham. I was sitting on the sofa under the window (where I always used to sit as this was 'my sofa' when we lived here. Also sat on my sofa was another female dream character (it may have been the one from the earlier scene) and the dog. My mum was sitting opposite as she always used to in real-life and next to her was DL. The room looked the same as I remembered it to look in real-life. 

The female dream character and I were discussing smoking weed. However the act of 'smoking weed' looked/felt/tasted like eating a bacon sandwich. I saw the act of myself eating a bacon sandwich in third-person perspective to illustrate this thought. I was standing on concrete, bending forwards as I bit into a bacon sandwich. The female dream character was petting the dog, which was laid across mine and her laps. I felt she was giving/receiving more attention to/from the dog than I was. I then realised that the dog was now a human male dream character. He was white and between the ages of 20 - 30 years. He was not particularly attractive and was wearing a white T-shirt and a white baseball cap. I think his head was shaved underneath. He was now seated between me and the female dream character on the sofa. I turned round in my seat to face him - so my back was now turned towards my mum and DL. The male dream character tried to kiss me on the lips and I mouthed/whispered to him: 'Don't kiss me in front of people!'

TIME: 02:30 - 11:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: No
SPECIAL NOTES: Possible REM rebound effect from recent cannabis use

Dream Information: Not applicable here

Dreamsigns:
  • America was in fact Yarmouth (IA - inner Awareness/F - Form)
  • Smoking weed was eating a bacon sandwich (A - Action/F - Form/C - Context)
  • The dog changed into a human (A - Action/F - Form/C- Context)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Confusing America with a local town/city (see Dream 390)
  • Dogs
  • Cannabis

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I had been planning to visit Great Yarmouth the weekend before this dream, but decided not to go as the weather was forecast as being potentially rainy for that day.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I really enjoyed this dream. It did not leave me with any particularly strong or obvious waking thoughts or feelings, other than slight confusion as to how smoking cannabis was the same act as eating a bacon sandwich and how the dog transformed into a human male dream character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment