Thursday 18 June 2015

Dream 455

'Fernando'
Dream date: 16 June 2015
I was in an interior setting. It was quite dark. There was a dream character called 'Fernando' - he was male with tanned skin and black curly hair - aged between 25 - 30 years. Fernando was wearing a blue T-shirt and carrying two white (un-recognised) objects in his hands. I felt very close to Fernando, but was aware that he would have to leave. I did not want him to leave and also, Fernando was anxious to stay with me. I am not sure if Fernando was a romantic interest, as nothing intimate occurred in the dream, but I did have a deep connection to him and the feeling was mutual.

I was then in Sheringham - Fernando was with me, but so was a female dream character - small, white with blonde or brown hair. I think my mum was there also. It wasn't hot and sunny, but it did feel like summer. The tide was in - right up to the sea wall and covering the sea defence rocks. I was trying to get into a rowing boat, but it was rocking in a dangerous way as I stepped into it. Fernando and the female dream character were already in the boat, encouraging me. My mum was standing on the concrete slope with leads down to the beach (the sea in this instance), also encouraging me. I managed to get into the rowing boat and felt scared - we were now in open seas, surrounded only by water and other boats.

I cannot recall what happened next.

I became aware that my hair was cut much shorter - into a bob. I was not sure if I liked it. I was seeing myself in third-person, not in a mirror reflection. My mum was organising some kind of contest, with her friend CC. CC had a cat. I then saw my hair was actually bleached blonde. Someone (a male, unseen) said: 'You don't look like Debbie Harry'. I wasn't sure if my hair suited me and was anxious. I then saw myself in the third person again, and noticed my (shoulder-length) hair was growing very quickly - it was now halfway down my back (and still blonde, with the normal texture of my real-life hair). I was wearing my hair in a ponytail. I felt relieved because it seemed that I would soon have my long hair again. 

I was with Fernando and we had some pre-rolled cannabis joints. We were trying to decide whether to smoke them or not - but needed to find somewhere to do it. We were in a large, brightly-lit room, but knew we could not smoke inside. I got up - with the intention to go outside and smoke, but instead walked over to a vending machine against a white wall. As I used the vending machine, I suddenly thought I had lost the joints, but then discovered they were still safely in my possession.

I went to stand at a counter, where my friend CEC was standing. She was holding a cake - or some other food item. She accidentally dropped this item - on the floor on my side of the counter. When I looked at the floor, I saw the dropped item was actually a smashed teapot. CEC gathered up the pieces of the smashed teapot, and they became fixed - and were now a cake again. 

TIME: 00:15 - 07:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: No
SPECIAL NOTES: I smoked cannabis shortly before I went to sleep and had this dream

Dreamsigns:
  • The sea would never come as high over the sea defence rocks as in the dream (A - Action/F - Form)
  • I saw myself in third-person (IA - Inner Awareness/C - Context)
  • My hair grew quicker than humanly possible (A - Action)
  • The dropped cake became a smashed teapot and then a cake again (F - Form)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Being abandoned by a male who I am trying to convince to stay with me
  • Cannabis

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • Shortly before this dream I had told my friend RBA that I am good at rowing - on rowing machines in the gym.
  • Shortly before this dream I cut my hair - only a couple of inches to get rid of split ends.
  • Shortly before this dream I had found a photograph of me from many years ago, when I was performing in a screamo/hardcore band at university - I had short blonde hair. I posted this photograph on Facebook. 
  • Shortly before this dream I watched a documentary about Blondie - and Debbie Harry. I am writing a novel, which features a main character with blonde hair who resembles a young Debbie Harry.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I really enjoyed this dream - it seemed significant in some way, although I cannot describe why or how. I think the dream character 'Fernando' was important in some way. Although being on open sea is often something I associate with fear and anxiety in dreams, on this occasion it wasn't quite as bad as in previous dreams. 

* I have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but if I recall them at a later stage. I will record them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment