Friday 26 January 2018

Dream 898

'Documentary Footage'
Date: 23 January 2018
Time: Unknown
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall 

Scene 1: Sheringham - Day
I was in Sheringham with AM, my friend and former housemate for all 3 years we spent as undergraduates at the University of York. AM's partner was also with us, and they were visiting me in my hometown (although I live in Norwich). We met up with a male dream character, who I cannot really recall to describe, other than he was a documentary film-maker and had made a documentary about AM and I and our time at York. He started showing us a preview of this documentary on a mobile phone or a tablet. It was quite normal, just showing us walking around and chatting. There seemed to be no real action worth making a documentary about and I wasn't sure why it had been made. The thing which annoyed me the most was AM was herself in the documentary, but the director had used an actress to play me and although she was a similar archetype (short, curvy, olive skin, thick black hair), she did not really resemble me that much and in any event, while I was a student at York, for the majority of the time, my hair was much shorter nd dyed a number of different colours (blonde, pink, bright red), so it seemed that he had used an actress who looked more like I do now than I had at the time the documentary was set in. AM seemed pleased with the documentary, but I was disappointed. At this stage in the dream, I then realised that we were near the train station and we decided to walk down the high street into the main part of the town. AM was holding hands with her partner and the mood was one of pleasure and enjoyment. 

AM then decided that she wanted to buy some flowers from a woman called 'Jan'. This was a dream character, and I cannot recall specifically seeing her in the dream, but AM got into an argument with Jan about the flowers she wanted to buy. While we stood beside the Town Clock in the centre of town I was trying to convince AM that she should insist on buying the flowers from Jan, as it appeared AM had given up on the transaction and left whichever (unrecalled) shop she had intended to purchase them from. AM was saying that it was too much hassle, but I was saying she had a right to buy the flowers if she wanted them. 

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was with AM and her partner
  • A documentary had been made about AM and I when we were students at the University of York

Day Residue: 
  • I had been discussing documentaries in a Facebook group on the day of this dream

Waking Reactions: 
I didn't have any specific waking thoughts or emotions about this dream other than it was fairly pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment