Sunday 7 August 2016

Dream 673

'You Don't Want an Eminem Dream'
Date: 6 August 2016
Time: 21:00 - 07:50 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream/Pre-lucid dream
Dream recall: Moderate recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior (Maybe My Nan's House, Sheringham) - Time Unknown
This dream may have taken place in a multiple locations/scenes, but I cannot recall. I was definitely in a domestic interior, and I was reminded of my Nan's house in Sheringham at various points in this dream, so it may have taken place there. 

I was sitting on the floor of a well-lit room which had a brown-ish coloured carpet. To my right, someone - a male dream character who was my friend in the dream (I did not actually look at him at this stage in the dream). On the floor next to me was a paper copy of my phone bill (I don't actually receive copies of my phone bill as I am on a contract under my Mum's name and she pays it for me). I couldn't quite read the amount of the phone bill, because the numbers kept changing every time I looked at it, and this worried me, as I felt that I needed to check the amount. Eventually I was able to read the phone bill and saw that it was £172. I checked again, and saw the same amount. This worried me, as my Mum would clearly not be able to afford to pay for this bill and neither would I. I started trying to think of ways to raise the cash to pay this bill before the payment was due to come out of my Mum's bank account. I had some discussion with the male dream character, confused as to how I had run up such a high bill (when usually I don't even go over my free monthly minutes, given I rarely ever make calls). 

I then saw the dream character male walking down some stairs in the same house. He was wearing a white T-shirt, baggy blue jeans and some white trainers. He had a white sweatband on one of his wrists. I noticed he had light brown hair, cut short. I then realised that some kind of relationship with this man had been 'arranged' for me - perhaps by my family, I am not sure of the details. This did not please me, because I did not find him attractive, although in the dream I knew that he was a nice person and we got on well. The one thing which made me find him unattractive was his posture. He didn't have a hunch-back, but he did have the posture of an elderly person, despite being young. He was quite tall, but he had to walk bent over at the waist, which made him appear shorter and also really out of shape - he looked quite chubby. 

Having these thoughts made him transform. He was either the same person, physically changed, or a new person - I cannot be sure. This male walked with a straight back and had the kind of body-type I prefer on men (sorry if that sounds superficial, it's just preference! which is skinny/lean/slim with muscle tone. I was now finding the male more attractive and noticed that he was dressed in the same outfit described above. I cannot recall any conversation with this man at this point.

I was then told, by a female dream character (who I cannot recall seeing in the dream) that I could 'change' the male into Eminem, if I wanted to - and I saw the interior of a car, realising that if I did ask for him to be, then we would be using this car to go somewhere together, although exactly where and for what reason was unclear in the dream. However, I was aware that if I did ask for the male to be transformed into Eminem, then I would never have another Eminem dream, so this was my only opportunity. I did not want to waste the opportunity to have a more enjoyable Eminem dream (I am not sure how I knew that this current dream would not be enjoyable, but something told me that it would not). I said to the female dream character that I wanted to wait and have better Eminem dreams in my own time and she seemed to accept this decision. I said: 'My dream incubation experiment will work when I am ready for it' - I was not lucid when I said this, but I seemed to be aware that in my waking life I am engaged in a dream incubation experiment. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • The fact that I was able to transform a dream character
  • The reference to my Dream Incubation Experiment within the dream

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream DL and I had a conversation about 4G allowance on mobile phone contracts, as we had both used ours up, even though neither of us had done much on the internet while connected via 4G

Waking Reactions: 
This dream referenced my Dream Incubation Experiment and Eminem, but wasn't exactly successful. My subconscious chose not to have a successful dream incubation on this occasion, and wanted to communicate that fact to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment