Thursday 15 June 2017

Dream 835

'Do Flop'
Date: 10 June 2017
Time: 00:30 - 07:45 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: A Bookshop, Sheringham - Day
I was in a bookshop/stationary shop which is in Sheringham. Where a cash register used to be, there was now a desk. AP, a girl from my high school was sitting at the desk and I was there. I was telling her how much I admired her and how beautiful and stylish I thought she was. I was embarrassed about how I was showering her with gushing compliments. She was not saying anything, but she looked pleased with the remarks I was making. I am not sure what else happened in this scene.

Scene 2: A Warehouse - Time Unknown
I was then in a warehouse, where there was a rap battle contest taking place. This was a big battle and it was being filmed - it seemed like a championship. The warehouse - which had grey stone floors and walls and no furniture (it was bare and derelict) was filled with hip hop fan dream characters everywhere, who were there to perform or watch the rap battles.

I had been selected to take part in the final for some reason and I did not feel at all prepared, I did not have any pre-written bars and I felt that I would not be able to freestyle to the standard where I could do myself justice. I then found out that I was supposed to be battling my friend, R3A. This sealed the deal for me and I knew I had to back out, because there was absolutely no way I stood any chance and I did not want to shame myself by trying and failing when the situation was hopeless. I said that I would not take part in the battle. Various dream characters (I am not sure who, but in the dream they were my 'supporters', so seemed to be friends of mine) were trying to convince me to change my mind, but I was adamant. I do not think I actually saw R3A in the dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • R3A as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was due to take part in a rap battle

Day Residue: 
  • I had mentioned a bookshop in Sheringham in an earlier, recent post on this Blog - this shop (this dream) was not a secondhand bookshop, but it is just across the road from that one 
  • AP has a similar name to AWB, who I had seen post something online just before this dream. Her name is also similar to Ariana Grande who has been in the media a lot recently, following the Manchester Terror Attack (the Manchester Arena Bombing from May 2017)
  • AP's brother is a very talented writer who has written a book

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was OK - nothing special. My reaction in Scene 2 was exactly how I would have reacted if this situation arose in real life. I sometimes joke about being better at R3A at many things, but this is his area of expertise and talent, so I would never ever compete against him in a public rap battle, it would be ego suicide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment