Thursday, 15 June 2017

Dream 837

'Allergic Reaction to Walnuts'
Date: 13 June 2017
Time: 22:00 - 06:45 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: My Bedroom, Norwich - Time Unknown
I was sitting on my bed in my flat in Norwich. Everything looked how it should in real life. I was eating a health snack made of nuts. The inside of my mouth starting tingling and burning, so I looked at the wrapper and realised there were walnuts in the product, and that I was having a slight allergic reaction.

Scene 2: Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I saw AN - he was harassing me and trying to get my attention, pulling on my arm and urging me to talk to him. I wanted to get away from him, and was not scared, but felt very uncomfortable as he was being intrusive and not respecting my bodily autonomy. AN was wearing a blue T-shirt. His manner was joking and cheerful and he could not seem to understand why I did not want to speak to him. This felt frustrating. There was an (unknown) male dream character present, who I may have known in the dream. I was telling him I wanted AN to leave me alone and said he was harassing me. The male dream character somehow forced AN to leave me alone and go away.

Scene 3: A Room - Time Unknown
I was in a room with a dream character, who I think was female. I was standing looking in a large mirror. I was then going to test a foundation, but instead of just putting it on my face, I applied it to every part of my skin. I then looked in the mirror. I looked completely different physically - I looked like a bald shop mannequin. The foundation I applied had a luminescent quality - it glowed a metallic colour under the skin tone and made me look like I was made from plastic. Everything around me felt magical and glittery and like I was in a movie. I knew I looked different, even in the dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Education

Dreamsigns: 
  • I looked like a bald shop mannequin

Day Residue: 
  • A while ago, I ate a snack bar which contained walnuts. While eating it, my mouth suddenly started to hurt - burning and tingling, everything feeling dry and sensitive. This was the first time I had ever experienced a reaction to walnuts, but I had in fact learned in an earlier conversation with ML, that you can suddenly develop a sensitivity to walnuts and it is quite common (a few months ago)
  • AN is a man I was chatting to a few years ago. I went on a single date with him after he pestered me for months to give him a chance. I found out on the date (because he let down his guard and used his real name) that AN had lied to me about his last name and that he was a local man who had a previous conviction for threats to kill in relation to an ex-partner. I knew this from working in the criminal justice system. I did not tell AN that I knew his secret, and simply told him  there was no chemistry and I was not interested in him. He accepted this, but then kept turning up at my house (my former house on the same university campus I live now), standing outside my window, trying to get my attention. He knew where I lived, because he picked me up from my house for the date and the drove me home. On one occasion, he was knocking on my door for ages, really aggressively, a few months after the date. When I answered, I found him there with 3 of his male friends, on my doorstep. I told him this was inappropriate - to come uninvited to my address with a group of thuggish looking men on the basis of us having one unsuccessful date and him not able to deal with the fact I never wanted to speak to him or see him again. He left, but continued to stand outside my house and on a number of occasions, was on campus, shouting my name at me. I felt like he was stalking me. I now see him on campus all the time, to the extent I am pretty sure he has a job here. I try to avoid him at all costs, but it really aggravates me that I have to see him based on his poor behaviour

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was really weird in Scene 3 - it was as if this was a movie and I was in the body of someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment