Tuesday 20 February 2018

Dream 918

'Bad Fruit Salads'
Date: 20 February 2018
Time: 14:00 - 17:30 (Afternoon Nap)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

This dream was part of my current Dream Incubation Experiment - Anakin Skywalker Dream. Please click HERE for my post on the Dream Incubation Experiment, the Methodology I am using (with instructions for those who also want to attempt to incubate their own dream) and links to my previous Dream Incubation Experiments and previous Star Wars-themed dreams. On that post you will also find an Index for all recorded dreams which take place during this experiment.

Scene 1: Location Unknown
I cannot recall the first part of this dream clearly, although it seemed pretty vivid while I was dreaming it - and was bordering on being a nightmare, albeit because there was a creeping sensation of dread, as opposed to something explicitly nightmarish happening. 

There was something to do with my teeth being very rotten in the back. This is a huge fear for me because I have an extreme phobia of the dentist and have not been since I was 11 years old. I was looking in the back of my mouth (perhaps using a mirror, perhaps seeing this in third-person perspective) and could see lots of black holes in my teeth. I felt worried and stressed about this. 

There was something to do with aliens also, and the switching of one for another. This seems very vague, but I just remember that one thing was being selected/replaced and these 'things' were very tall beings, which within the dream I knew were not human. I have referred to them as 'aliens' but they may have been cyborgs/robots/animals etc, I just cannot recall precisely. This was making me feel overwhelmed and frustrated, although I cannot recall the reasons why. There was a notion of magic/supernatural or at least something so out of the ordinary, that even in the dream I thought it was odd/bizarre and unexpected.

Something to do with travel - perhaps by train? I have a nagging memory that this dream involved trains or public transport of some kind.

My friend CEC was involved in the dream somehow - I cannot recall what was happening. There was something to do with 'possessions' or 'belongings'. 

There was some kind of violence - I think there was also something to do with being trapped/held hostage and that is why violence was necessary. I remember punching someone/something and someone else (a dream character or someone I know from real life) telling me to punch it harder and me trying, but finding it  really hard to swing a strong punch. Eventually whatever I was attacking either succumbed to the attack or I was able to 'win' in some way. There was something to do with a key/unlocking a door.  

Scene 2: A Canteen - Day
I then went to a canteen with my Stepdad. In the dream I knew the previous scene had just happened a short time ago, so there was chronology and a sense of normal passing of time. We were getting breakfast and my Stepdad was able to choose easily, but I was really indecisive. There was a variety of foods available, but my Stepdad was trying to convince me to select toast, which was one of the more boring things. The selection of breakfast foods was vast, but I felt that everything was sterile and dull and just put there for show. I cannot recall any 'cooked' foods either - more like items associated with 'a continental breakfast'. I didn't really want to eat anything. I felt like I had used up all my energy in whatever happened in Scene 1, which I was still thinking about when we went for breakfast. I can't really explain, because I cannot recall Scene 1 enough to describe it, yet I recall Scene 2 really vividly. It was as if I had just experienced/witnessed something magical/supernatural and now here I was stuck in a boring canteen, trying to select a breakfast I didn't really want to eat when I still felt drained and exhausted from whatever happened previously. There was the sense of some overhanging threat or unfinished  business from before which meant I could not really focus on choosing food. 

I saw there was a coffee machine, but the cups stacked nearby were really small - like standard teacups made of cheap white china. I looked at the display to find some larger mugs, and saw there was a stack of larger mugs a short distance away. These were white with blue stripes. I then looked in the fridge and saw there were 2 packs of pre-cut exotic fruit on sale. I saw one which had strawberries, apple, garlic cloves and seeds and was about to select that when a young male dream character from behind me leaned over and took it from the fridge. I then saw the second pack of fruit - also with a reduced price - but this was also taken by a male dream character while I was making up my mind. The 2 packs of fruit had been resting on top of some other boxes, which were filled with rubbish/dirt - or at least something I thought should not be in a fridge used for displaying food for sale to the public.

I stepped a short distance away and saw some more packs of fruit, at the normal price. These also had strawberries in them, and some weird white cone-shaped fruits which I did not recognise in the dream. I tried to read the price tag and had difficulty in understanding what it said, but as I focused on it, was eventually able to read that it was £3.95. I thought this was very expensive for a small pack of fruit, but reasoned that I would be paying for healthy food, so it might be worth it. I picked up the fruit, but then saw that the bottom of the pack was filled with beans in a savoury sauce, which I thought was weird and unappetising, so I left it. 

I wandered over to my Stepdad who was standing at the cash register, talking to a young woman who was in the queue next to him. I recognised her as a member of staff from my university, so I introduced them properly. I cannot recall what else happened at this point. 

Extra Information: 
No Vitamin B6 taken (forgot)

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My family as dream characters

Dreamsigns: 

  • 'Alien-beings'

Day Residue: 
  • The day before this dream I had been playing Sims 3 and found an alien outside my sim's home, looking in through the window. I got my sim to kill the alien by hitting it with a metal stick
  • On the day of this dream I had been in my university shop looking at items (including packs of fruit) in the reduced/on sale section of the fridge
  • On the day of this dream DL told me he would be buying cereal to eat for dinner
  • Recently when I was staying at a friend's house, I told him I never eat breakfast as I do not have an appetite when I first wake up (I only eat one very large meal per day, and rarely eat snacks in between)

Waking Reactions: 
This dream seemed really long and complex while I was dreaming it. When I woke up from it, I felt as if the dream had been more interesting than usual, although it was - as far as I can recall, based on the record written above - unconnected to my Dream Incubation Experiment. However, I did wake up with a strong sense of having something important or exciting conveyed to me in the dream, so it is frustrating that I cannot remember exactly what led me to feel that.

I am most frustrated that I cannot clearly recall the aspect of the dream which involved violence, as I believe that this is key to me understanding this dream better. 

I think this entire dream could be a reflection of my current mental state, which is characterised by depressed moods, stress, anxiety and frustration. I will post separately on this in due course, as this does have a strong link to previous dreams I have experienced during this Dream Incubation Experiment.

As I recalled more about this dream immediately upon waking, I think that I will probably remember more detail if something is able to successfully trigger the memories. If I do recall anything else, I will record it below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment