Sunday 26 May 2019

Dream 984

'Love Island'
Date: 24 May 2019
Day 20 of Dream Incubation Experiment - A Star Wars Adventure 
Status: Unsuccessful Dream Incubation Dream

Scene 1: An Unknown (Domestic?) Interior - Time Unknown
I have forgotten the majority of this dream as I was disturbed upon waking and did not record it in time before my dream memories faded. 

I was in an unknown interior, which I perceived to be a house, although not one I recall from real life. AJR was present with me. He said something about Love Island

There was some task I was supposed to complete, which was making me feel stressed (unrecalled). 

Scene 2: My 'Dream Town' - Day
I was then in a location which I recognised as being a town I have referred to as my 'Dream Town' (see Additional Notes, below). I knew I had been there before and had a sense of familiarity. I saw a number of Tudor-style houses along an urban street. It was daytime, but I knew dusk was approaching. I was waiting for AJR to join me at the location, which was on the street. I was not sure what our plans were, but I got bored waiting and entered one of the houses. I did not need to knock on the front door - it was unlocked. Inside, it was not actually a domestic house, but a secondhand book shop. Everything was a sandy brown colour (the wooden shelves were light brown and all the books were sandy brown and very dusty). I did not browse the shop, I just stood staring at the floor to ceiling shelves which were stacked with thousands of books. I was aware that it was Carnival Day in this town. My Stepdad entered the secondhand bookshop. We started a conversation, but I cannot recall what was discussed. I was aware I had to get to the 'frozen food store' (see Dream 84, discussed below) which in this dream I knew to be named 'Country Freezer Foods' before it closed. I did not want to walk to the store because I had to walk across a number of grassy hills to get there and it would take me a long time.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Additional Notes:
  • This is Day 20 of my current Dream Incubation Experiment - A Star Wars Adventure (click on this title link to read my introductory post and see my accompanying Youtube video, below)
  • I have not done a dedicated post about my 'Dream Town', but I have undertaken a 14 Day Dream Incubation Experiment - The 'Dream Town Dream' which explains the basic concept of the 'Dream Town' and lists some earlier dreams where this dream location appears. You can also use the 'labels' at the bottom of the post to navigate to all dreams tagged as relating to my 'Dream Town'
  • The day before this dream, I had a telephone conversation with AJR's mum HT about my love of secondhand bookshops. She mentioned the town of Sudbury, which is relatively close to where AJR's family live. Weirdly, in my dreams of my 'Dream Town', there is often reference to the town being called 'Sudsbury'. A search of this Blog, using the keyword 'Sudsbury' revealed the following results: Dream 84 (20 September 2012) - this dream involved crabs (this is relevant to a phenomenal 'telepathic' experience with AJR, which I will post about shortly, with an accompanying Youtube video); a prosecutor; and working in a pub (which is another topic I was discussing with AJR's mum); Dream 92 (12 November 2012); an article on Dream Deja-Vu & Dream Precognition; and an article on Dreaming & False Memory Syndrome
  • Note that in Dream 84 - the first 'Dream Town' dream where 'Sudsbury' is referenced, there is reference to the frozen food warehouse and everything  being 'brown or sepia toned' in part of the dream - remember, I have not re-read or familiarise myself with any of these referenced 'historical dreams' until after I experienced the current one, and began some research during the recording process
  • AJR currently works in a library

No comments:

Post a Comment