Saturday 10 August 2019

Dream 1028

'Carnival Day & Destroyed Art'
Date: 9 August 2019
Scene 1: An Unknown Interior - Time Unknown
When I initially woke up, my first thought was that I couldn't recall having a dream - but after a moment of concentration, parts of the dream came back to me and I remembered having it, although the memories were somewhat hazy and unclear and I realised I had forgotten a lot of detail about how the scenes linked together. 

I cannot recall the locations of this dream, other than seeing the outside of a normal residential property from a distance, looking across a long garden, which was elevated at the far side. This reminded me - or gave me the impression - of being in Sheringham, which happens to be where the dream characters - and the carnival in question - are linked to.

The first scene took place in an unfamiliar domestic interior. I was with NN, my long-term friend from Sheringham. We were discussing the forthcoming carnival (I assume this was Sheringham Carnival, which takes place in July, but it might have been the nearby Cromer Carnival - the dream was not clear). I have forgotten a large amount of detail about this part of the dream. NN's mum, RT was involved in this dream scene too. There was something ominous and troubling. Something had happened - all I can describe it as was there was an accusation that 4 pieces of highly valuable modern art (abstract paintings) had been taken from a nearby house, which had some kind of significance, and were thrown in a lake. I am not sure if I was responsible for taking the art and throwing it in the lake, but I did feel worried about it, and wanted to sort the problem out, as in the dream, it had dire consequences (although I cannot recall what they were).

I recall looking across the garden at a house, about 200 meters away. It was behind some hedgerows or trees and it seemed like it was dusk or dawn, as the sky was dark-ish. I knew this was the house where the art had been taken from before being thrown in the lake. I was considering how I could get to this house to sort out the problem with the art.

There was more conversation with NN and her mum, RT - about the forthcoming carnival. NN said that we would be meeting up with a group of men (male dream characters) who we would be going on a date with for carnival. I did not want this to happen, and felt trapped by NN and her mum. There is a niggling thought in the back of my mind that something else happened at this point in the dream which was unpleasant and caused me stress or fear. The entire dream was very negative in tone.

I cannot remember anything else about this dream at present, but I am experiencing significant dream residue (the 'hangover effect' of the dream) and memories of this dream feel like they are 'on the tip of the tongue' (or analous, where the memory is just out of reach, but close enough to be frustrating).

If I recall anything else about this dream I will record it below.

Additional Notes:
  • On the day of this dream I had seen a meme on Facebook about Area 51 - it depicted an alien seducing a man, with a Piet Mondrian (1872 - 1944) painting in the background. I made a comment about the alien being rich because he owned a Mondrian
  • It is around the time of the carnivals in Norfolk. In a fairly recent Facebook DMs conversation with NN, she asked if I would be coming down for carnival this year so that we could meet. I said maybe, but did not end up going. Many years ago, when I was a young teenager, an incident took place at Cromer Carnival after I had attended with NN - this has had a lasting impact on my life generally, although I do not want to discuss it on my Blog

Pierre Mondrian, Composition C (1935)

No comments:

Post a Comment