Wednesday 21 December 2011

Dream Interpretation 13

DREAM 13

18 December 2011

I’m not sure whether I can accurately describe this as a false awakening dream/start of a lucid dream experience, as at the moment I ‘woke’ in the dream, I then awoke in real-life, without much opportunity to experiment with lucidity. This dream took place during a short nap. I had been out drinking vodka at a social gathering and was mildly drunk and very hungry. I immediately washed my face, then went to lie on the bed for a few minutes before I ate. During these ‘few minutes’ (it was a short period, not exactly sure how long) I had this brief dream. I think it was PS returning to the room with food which woke me up.

Main environment
Bathroom in home in London (as it appears in real-life).

Timing
It was night – I was aware that it was the early hours of Saturday morning and I had returned home from a night out (as in real-life).

Characters
Myself (as I appear in real-life).

Narrative
The dream started with a ‘false awakening’. I was lying in a bath of cold water. I had the knowledge that I had been out and had drunk alcohol and thought perhaps I must have gone for a bath and fallen asleep until now. I looked at the side of the bath and saw a big pile of my eyelashes lying there – there seemed to be more than what could have shed myself. I felt concern. I woke up.

Potential Triggers
Only minutes before this dream I had removed my make-up in the bathroom – which involved cleaning the mascara from my eyelashes. I do not wear false eyelashes. Perhaps I was keen not to fall asleep in real-life and this fact was represented by the dream? 

Interpretation
To dream that you are in the bathroom, relates to your instinctual urges. You may be experiencing some burdens/feelings and need to "relieve yourself". Alternatively, a bathroom symbolises purification and self-renewal. You need to cleanse yourself, both emotionally and psychologically. To dream that you are washing yourself indicates that you are proud of your social life and personal endeavours. You may even receive some recognition and prestige. Alternatively, the dream represents the cleansing away of unhappy experiences or neglected emotions in your life. You are ready to make a fresh new start. To see water in your dream symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment.

To notice your eyelashes or dream that they are growing indicates that you are trying to express yourself in some subtle or covert way. It also signifies good luck. To dream that all your eyelashes fall off suggests that you are having difficulties expressing yourself. It may also symbolise anxiety relating to a loss of your feminine power. 

Analysis
I think this does classify as a false awakening/lucid dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment