'Stealing RR's Boyfriend'
Dream date: 19 February 2016
Scene 1: An Interior Scene, Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was in an interior scene. I saw RR - a girl from my high school, who I am not friends with in real-life. She was walking around the interior and I was aware that she had a boyfriend, who was a very attractive young male with olive skin and black, wavy hair. I wanted to be with this guy and I thought to myself that I would try and seduce him. I ended up in a bedroom with him, talking, while sitting on the bed. It transpired that the male also liked me too, and was more than happy for me to be his new girlfriend. He was making a pile of his clothing - they were all white items. I saw some 'fashionable' (my perception in the dream, not real-life) jeans, which had distressed denim effects - fraying and rips. He was going to wear these clothes for a date with me later on.
I felt no guilt whatsoever for RR. I then saw RR with AWB - I was confused as to how they knew each other, as they have nothing in common and live in completely different places, but it was as if they were best friends. I followed them. They both entered a different room, which appeared to be a bedroom, although the entire room was decorated with images of cannabis leaves and other cannabis-related designs. The overall effect was that the room was completely green and looked both tropical and inviting. RR and AWB sat on the floor - in a kneeling position, leaning forwards. They were facing away from me as I stood in the doorway, looking in. I saw they were cutting cannabis leaves out of fabric and paper - part of a craft project - and were talking and laughing together. This made me even more certain that I wanted to steal RR's boyfriend and I knew that he would be happier with me.
Scene 2: A Classroom, Location Unknown - Day
I entered a classroom - there was one long table running around the edge of the room and I took my place next to DL. There was teacher in the room - a mature female who was tall and thin with grey hair. I was aware that she was a 'witch' although this was not scary or nightmarish and she was not a threatening character. I was taking over as teacher - teaching a combination of Law (which I do in real-life) and History. I wondered if it was appropriate that DL was being taught by me given our relationship outside of the classroom and wondered if there was any possibility of bias or nepotism. Just as I was about to take over the class, I reached for my pile of papers and knocked over a potted plant with was on the table in front of me. I started trying to put the spilled dirt and plant back into the plant pot, while having a discussion with DL (which I have forgotten the details of).
I was keen to get back to RR's boyfriend - who was now my boyfriend too. He was at my Nan's house, waiting for me and I was aware that he was going to be travelling somewhere by plane the next day and I would not see him for a while. I thought I would miss him a lot.
There was other, significant interaction with my new boyfriend in the dream, but I cannot recall what happened. I remember that I was very happy and content and I enjoyed this dream a lot.
TIME: 21:00 - 07:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE
Dream Information: None of note
Dream Information: None of note
- RR and AWB were friends
Recurrent Dream Themes:
- AWB has a very similar first name to the name of my baby in Dream 565
- Classroom - with plants on the desk
Potential Day/Dream Residue:
- The male dream character - RR's boyfriend - was very similar to one of my friends from London, AF - a friend of PS, who is still on my Facebook friends list and was one of the nicest people I ever met. He is quite a fashion-conscious person who often dresses quite flamboyantly and could be described as 'metrosexual' (an old term from the 1990s which means a heterosexual man who has some of the qualities ans grooming habits traditionally associated with gay men - it is not a word in current useage so much as a result of the breaking down of gender stereotypes, but it is the only way I can describe him, although I also must note he is of Latino origin and his flamboyant style might also be influenced by that culture as much as anything else). I had mentioned AF a couple of days before this dream
- The day of this dream I saw a comment which had tagged AWB in - AWB is not a Facebook friend of mine, despite having many mutual friends and being part of a common community of UK hip hop fans. We don't get along, as I had reacted badly when my ex-boyfriend PS, had casually dated her and still been in contact with me. I have seen her at a festival and been socialising in the same circle, but we remained at a distance and never spoke to one another. We have both moved on from the situation, but I feel our mutual animosity is now silly and hindering, given we have the same friends and interests - I had mentioned this to DL shortly before this dream
- I had been watching an episode of a home interior design challenge series on TV and was surprised to see a mature couple had a big cannabis leaf wall hanging shown in the background of their kitchen (prior to the interior design makeover)
- At work in my role as a Senior Resident, a student was named in relation to an incidence of discipline dealt with by a colleague - this was addressed at my team meeting on the day of this dream. I said I was 'shocked' by the allegation, as I teach him in my other role as a tutor of Law, and he is one of the nicest students in my class. I had been teaching earlier on the day of this dream also, just prior to the team meeting where my student was named
Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was quite enjoyable to have, as I was really happy with my new boyfriend, despite 'stealing' him from RR
* I may have forgotten some parts of this dream. If I recall anything further, I will record it below.