Sunday 11 September 2016

Dream 693

'Alison Steadman's Lacy Stockings'
Date: 9 September 2016
Time: 23:00 - 06:00 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm) 
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Weak recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: An Unknown Interior - Time Unknown
I have forgotten quite a lot of detail about this dream because I did not record it when I first woke up.

I was in a room with some dream characters, standing at a tall desk/counter. The room was pretty dark. One of my childhood friends was present - I think it may have been SVF. She was next to me and other dream characters (unrecalled) were behind me. SVF was showing me pictures of babies in a magazine (which seemed to just feature photographs of babies). I told her I was not interested in it, and she kept showing me, putting the magazine in my face and flicking through the pages, until I lost my temper and shouted at her. 

Scene 2: An Exterior - Day
I was in a car - sitting in the front passenger seat. I am not sure who was driving the car, as I cannot recall. We were on a roadtrip. We passed by Alison Steadman, who was by the side of the road, doing a live performance in which she  put on white and pink frilly lace stockings and did the can-can dance

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • I have lost contact with SVF and have not seen or spoken to her in a number of years
  • The Alison Steadman performance

Day Residue: 
  • A couple of days before this dream, DL and I were talking about Alison Steadman - which inspired me to watch her in the Mike Leigh television play Nuts in May (1975)
  • The day before this dream I had read an online news story about a Headteacher who was sending children home for wearing the wrong school uniform items. I specifically recall reading that one of the rules was 'plain socks, no frills'

Waking Reactions: 
This dream did not reference my Dream Incubation Experiment or Eminem. I cannot really recall any interesting detail about this dream at this stage. I may recall more of this dream periodically as is often true of situations where I have recalled a dream well immediately upon waking and then forgotten some of it as the day progresses. If I do recall anything else about this dream, I will record it below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment