Thursday 15 September 2016

Recurrent Dream Character 'Elliot'/'Elliott'

On 13 September 2016, I had a dream which involved a dream character called 'Elliott'. This is Dream 696 ('Elliott' - NIGHTMARE). In this dream, I had a 'memory' of an earlier dream involving this dream character. Before I had a chance to research my Dream Journal to find out if I did in fact have an earlier dream about a dream character called Elliott, I had a further dream on 14 September 2016 during an evening nap - Dream 697 ('Elliott's Return') which featured the same dream character Elliott - and again referred to the fact that this dream character had appeared in an earlier dream.

Therefore this post is dedicated to the dream character Elliott. I will reproduce all of the Dream Journal entries involving Elliott below:

Elliot/Elliott Dream #1

'My Daughter' - click HERE to open the original Dream Journal entry
Date: 14 August 2016
Time: 04:00 - 10:45 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Moderate recall

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior  - Time Unknown
This dream seemed very vivid when I was dreaming it, but because a few hours lapsed between me waking up with a good memory of this dream and then recording it, I have forgotten a lot of the action and detail. 

In the dream I had a baby daughter - I do not recall her name. I was surprised to discover that I had an even better, slimmer body than I had before - i.e. before I had a baby. 


The father of the baby was a white male, but I didn't recognise him - I am not sure who it represented. I was not in a relationship with him in the dream. I was anxious about giving him the baby for the day - the baby was swaddled in a pink blanket and I was talking to my Mum, voicing my concerns about handing the baby over. 


The father of the baby arrived at the house and I had a conversation with him about our daughter, before eventually deciding to trust him with her for the day. I cannot recall what else happened at this stage, but I know that I felt comfortable at the end of the interaction. 


I then saw someone's customised Myspace page - it was very glittery and had a galaxy wallpaper background. The name of the person was 'Elliot' and I recalled - in the dream only, not a real life memory - that 'Elliot' was the name of a character created by DL. I wondered if 'Elliot' meant 'Technology' and decided that it did, because 'Elliot' was the name of the main child character in ET (1982) - although in this movie, Elliot contracts to 'ET' meaning 'extra-terrestrial'. I wondered if the owner of the Myspace page was copying DL in using this name. 


I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My Mum as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • I had a baby daughter
  • I 'remembered' facts about DL which were not true in real life, only the dream

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I had been watching Youtube videos on the SomeOrdinaryGamers channel - where Mutahar has a series 'Exploring the Deep Web' where he shows and comments on random websites he has found while surfing the deep/dark web. Many of the sites he referred to had reference to aliens. I saw one which had a galaxy wallpaper. The majority of sites had very bad, outdated designs - which led me to think about how Myspace pages used to be customised

Elliot/Elliott Dream #2


'Elliott' - click HERE to open the original Dream Journal entry
Date: 13 September 2016
Time: 02:00 - 08:40 (I woke up from this dream naturally) 

Type of dream: Normal Dream/Pre-Lucid (questioning dream state)
Dream recall: Normal recall

Scene 1: An Unknown Interior Location  - Day
I was in an interior location - a house, but I am not sure who lived in this house (it may have been me). My Mum and other dream characters - such as DL, who I realised was present a short while into the dream - were around me. We were anticipating a terrible catastrophe - a kind of apocalypse, which was not quite clear in the dream. Basically, I was aware - and I discussed with the other dream characters - that something dramatic was planned to happen - perhaps by the government? It felt like there might be a nuclear war or some danger coming and we had to wait in this house until we were asked to go to the shelter. I wanted to get to the shelter quickly and was packing bags to get ready to leave when we were called for, or picked up, or got the signal to go (I did not know how we were going to be brought to the shelter or where it was). No-one else seemed to care about packing and they were trying to joke, saying I was being over-dramatic. I felt very uneasy and frustrated. 

I then got a telephone call on my mobile phone. It was RBA. I remember leaning on a table while I spoke to him, and the lights being very bright yellow in the room. RBA called me 'Comrade' and told me that I could get to the shelter quicker (so be more safe) if I adopted a person and took him with me. I suddenly saw that I was holding what looked to be a playing card, which had a photograph of Elliott on it. I have made an image (below) to illustrate what Elliott looked like. He had blonde-brown messy hair and big blue eyes. He had a very smug expression on his face. Just seeing Elliott made me angry and scared. I remembered that I had met him in a previous dream and that he had been evil. I said to RBA that I knew Elliott from another dream and I did not want to meet him again, telling him that Elliott was evil and dangerous. RBA said I could not go into the shelter unless I adopted Elliott and protected him, 


I then saw - either on a screen in front of me, or maybe in my mind's eye/imagination - a huge explosion of light, which looked like an atomic bomb blast. I knew that this was a preview of what was going to happen in the apocalypse. I was frantic with the fear of having to meet this awful Elliott again, or risk being killed or harmed in the bomb blast (or whatever catastrophe it might be). I decided that I might be able to sweet talk RBA into changing the rules for me (i.e. letting me go into the shelter without having to adopt Elliott). I said to him (trying to be casual): 'You never told me whether you know who Francis Bacon is' to which he said something along the lines of: 'Why are you so obsessed with knowing if I know who that is...is it someone you're fucking?' I said: 'No' and then called him 'ignorant' because I felt like he was being judgmental and rude. RBA laughed at me and said that as a comrade I was unable to refuse to take Elliott into my care. He said he would send a car.


I came off the phone and told my Mum and DL about what RBA had said and about Elliott. I was really upset and scared, and also panicked because I knew the apocalypse was coming and it would be terrible and kill us all. I was trying to tell them both that Elliott was evil and DL kept saying: 'It's Elliott from Star Wars' (but in the dream Star Wars meant ET (1982) - so I knew which film he meant. I was showing them the paying card which had Elliott's photograph on it (I also noticed that there were decorations drawn around the outside of the photograph, on the white border). My Mum and DL referred to the photograph as a 'party invitation' and did not seem to accept that Elliott was evil, saying I should be pleased to 'go to the party' (in the dream, 'go to the party' was interpreted to mean 'go to the shelter'). DL kept talking about 'Elliott from Star Wars' which annoyed me. I was trying to tell them that I had met Elliott in a previous dream so I knew what he was like. DL said: 'You need to trust RBA about Elliott or you'll die'. I felt trapped in a nightmare. 

Extra Information: 

None of note


Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • RBA as a dream character
  • 'Elliott' as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • The catastrophic event which was going to happen
  • The conversation and scenario involving 'Elliott'
  • The fact I remembered I'd dreamed of Elliott before, which should have been a sign I was dreaming now 
  • I saw a preview of the apocalypse 
  • Language had a different meaning in the dream

Day Residue:
  • It was recently the anniversary of 9/11 - so references (and conspiracy theories) about this event has been in the media recently A few days before this dream I watched a video which illustrated what happened to Earth when the meteor/comet which led to the extinction of the dinosaurs would have looked like - I then saw a news story online which stated that a meteor/comet was heading towards the Earth (I am not sure of the validity of the article, as I did not click on it) 
  • In recent Dream 689, I dreamed of something which reminded me of a Francis Bacon painting. RBA was a dream character in the dream and I asked him if he knew who Francis Bacon was (I was lucid), to which he replied that he did not. I did not find this surprising because I don't think RBA is interested in art history. I was then filming a Youtube video about this dream and a few other recent dream experiences, and in the video mentioned the fact that my subconscious clearly thought RBA was ignorant about art. I then scrapped the video because I thought that was a bit rude and I wasn't sure if RBA did know who Francis Bacon was. I messaged him to ask him, but he hasn't answered the question yet.

Elliot/Elliott Dream #3

'Elliott's Return' - click HERE to open the original Dream Journal entry
Date: 14 September 2016
Time: 18:30 - 20:00 (Evening Nap - I woke up from this dream due to an alarm) 
Type of dream: Normal dream/Pre-Lucid Dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

Scene 1: An Airport - Day
I'm in an airport - I know it is daytime, because I can see through the massive floor-to-ceiling windows. The sky seemed a pale, dusty yellow. The window showed a view of the runway, and I could see one airplane.

My Mum. other members of my family and DL were present in the airport, which seemed to be pretty empty. We had a lot of luggage with us, but I did not know (or recall) where we were supposedly travelling to. I felt left out of something, like I wasn't invited to something about to happen, or I was missing something which everyone else was involved in. There was conversation between my family while I stood beside the window. 


My Mum then said we were waiting for Elliott to arrive. This made me feel weird and I recalled that Elliott was someone I had dreamed about (Dream 696 - and perhaps an earlier dream, as referenced in last night's dream). I said to my Mum: 'I dream about Elliott' to which she said: 'You created him on The Sims'. I then saw an image of Elliott - looking as he did in the earlier dream I had of him, the night before, but as a Sim, so cartoony and animated-looking rather than a real human. I felt relieved that he wasn't a real human-being and did not question that (real life) fact that I had not actually made Elliott in The Sims. My Mum then shattered this relief by saying: 'He's been around since the 1970s', which meant (in the dream) that he was actually alive. My Mum said: 'He's your responsibility now' and I was aware that the apocalypse from the earlier dream (Dream 696) was still going to happen and this was why we were in the airport with bags. 


Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Elliott as a dream character - and events of previous dreams 
  • Feeling disconnected or left out of events

Dreamsigns: 

  • This was a continuation of a dream from the night before - I seemed aware that the events of this dream were related to my earlier dreams (Pre-Lucidity)

Day Residue: 
  • At work I have been assigned to supervise a journey to Heathrow Airport, London next week - to collect new international students and transport them to university
  • I cannot recall what I watched a couple of days ago, but there was a reference in a TV show/video to someone jumping out of a plane without a parachute. A male said he would not jump out of a stationary plane while it was on the runway (for £5 million) if it meant he would be injured - this is a vague memory, but I think I wasn't really paying attention to the video which was playing in the background, hence I cannot recall the specifics
  • I had a dream about 'Elliott' last night - Dream 696, which referenced an earlier dream which also involved this dream character, although I have not yet researched this earlier 'Elliott' dream - this dream seemed like a continuation of last night's dream

Do not take notice of the fact that Elliot's name is spelled differently in these Dream Journal entries - at no point in any of the dreams did I see how to spell the name of this dream character, but when writing up the dreams, I Googled the spelling of the name, and these were the two most popular spellings. 

This is a very interesting dream experience, because the first Elliott dream took place exactly one month prior to the recent dreams. That dream was also called 'My Daughter' (in which I had a baby) whereas, in the later Elliott dreams, I was being told that I would have to adopt the dream character. I also find it strange that in the second (and third) dreams about Elliott, I was certain that he was evil, but there was no indication in the first Elliot dream that he was evil. In fact, he was character allegedly designed by DL, another fact that was not referenced in the later Elliott dreams. In the third dream I was told I had created Elliott. There was also no indication of what Elliot looked like in the first dream, but I saw this clearly in the second and third dreams. 

I wonder if I will have any further Elliot/Elliott dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment