Monday 12 September 2016

Dream 695 (NIGHTMARE & LUCID DREAM)

'Rape & Murder'
Date: 11 September 2016
Time: 00:30 - 08:15 (I woke up from this dream naturally) 
Type of dream: Normal Dream/Lucid Dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

Induction technique: None - spontaneous DILD (Dream-Initiated Lucid Dream)

Reality checks: None required
Level of lucidity: Fully-Lucid 
Approximate time spend lucid: 3 minutes
Clarity: Weak
Control: Fair
Additional techniques: None
Extra information: None of note

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: An Exterior Location (Sheringham?) - Night
I was outside, although I am not sure where because it was so dark and there were no street lights in the area. I thought I might be in Sheringham, based on the later events where I was able to see some of my surroundings, but given dream scene locations can change and transform suddenly, this is not certain. I was about to be raped, but I could not see the rapist. I was on the ground (concrete) and I think it was raining or maybe I was near the sea, because there was wetness on the ground. I could not get up because the rapist was either crouching or standing over me. Part of what made this dream scene so terrifying (it was experienced as a nightmare) was the fact that I could not see my attacker and the rape felt like it would be inevitable and I could not escape.

Scene 2: Common Lane, Sheringham - Night
Somehow, I managed to get away from the rapist, because I found myself running up Common Lane, towards Woodland Rise, which is where my Nan's house is in Sheringham (where I live when not at university). It was still night. Something made me turn around and I saw that at the bottom of the road (where it meets Cromer Road), 2 men behind me, following me. I realised that one of these men was the rapist from before and I was even more scared. I froze on the spot. I could not see the faces of the people behind me. They shouted something to me, but I could not hear what they said. It sounded aggressive. I then realised that I had to fight, because I could not run - everything was slowed down and I was standing in the middle of the road, helpless. I didn't have any weapons on me. I then suddenly became lucid. I decided to try and use lucid dream control to fight the men behind me, so I raised my hand and visualised a gun. No gun appeared, but as I willed myself to be able to fight my attackers, I realised I could shoot bullets from the tips of my fingers. I aimed and I saw a flash of gun fire and one of the men at the end of the road screamed and fell to the ground. I then aimed and shot the second man, I lost lucidity and returned to a normal dream.

I have forgotten some action/events, which I did recall when I first woke up from this dream.

Scene 3: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Time Unknown
I was then in my Nan's house, sitting on the sofa. There was a weird feeling of disconnection - like I did not belong there or was not wanted. I found a canvas and some paints in the living-room and started painting an abstract painting of many colours, which was a collection of different shapes, mainly in red, orange, yellow, green and blue. The painting felt significant. I had some conversation with my Nan - which seemed hostile on her part. She was angry with me for some reason, which I cannot recall.

My cousin HM entered the room and sat in the corner, by the window. She told me that her Nan had died, and I knew she meant her paternal grandmother, as we share a maternal grandmother - and she was alive and well. I asked HM if she meant her 'Nanny J', to which she said: 'No, my great grandmother'. 

Scene 4: My University Shop, Norwich - Time Unknown
I was looking at the chilled meat/seafood cabinet and saw a huge bag of prawns for a low price. I was undecided whether or not I wanted to buy the prawns.

At some point in this dream - I am not sure when - I looked at my Facebook and saw that I had 61 new notifications. I wondered why there were so many and whether this was an error. I think I may have used Facebook to talk to RBA in this dream, or maybe I spoke to him in person or on the phone.

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream. I know I have forgotten some aspects of this dream. There was more of this dream after I found out HM's paternal great grandmother had died. 

Extra Information: 

None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • HM as a dream character
  • RBA as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • The events of the rape and the chase

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream (very shortly before I fell asleep), I had been watching the artist Tracey Emin on Who Do You Think You Are? a British genealogy documentary series, where she traced her great grandparents 
  • On the day of this dream I had bought some tom yum flavoured prawn noodles and had been looking for fresh prawns in my university shop, but there had been none available. The next day (today - 12/9/2016) I was in the shop and saw a bag of prawns in the exact location they had appeared in my dream (the shop had restocked that morning)
  • RBA sent me a Facebook message while I was in bed, trying to fall asleep.

Waking Reactions: 
This dream did not reference my Dream Incubation Experiment or Eminem. This dream was quite lengthy and the first part was a terrifying nightmare, which led me to become lucid. I feel that my lucid dream control is improving, even though I do not experience many lucid dreams. I know I have forgotten many interesting aspects and details of this dream (the non-lucid parts), but I may recall more of this dream periodically as is often true of situations where I have recalled a dream well immediately upon waking and then forgotten some of it as the day progresses. If I do recall anything else about this dream, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment