Friday 3 March 2017

Dream 786

'Bunkbed Gifts'
Date: 27 February 2017
Time: 23:00 - 04:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

Scene 1: Location Unknown -Time Unknown
I had applied to do a second PhD in Literature - based on the impact of Irvine Welsh's Trainspotting (1993) novel. I was very pleased that I was able to do a second PhD and that it would be based on one of my favourite books. I wondered how I would complete the write-up of my first PhD while starting the next one. 

I was with my Nan who was telling me that the best/cheapest way to get to a certain location in the UK was to take an internal flight. I was telling my Nan that I did not have a current passport and was asking what kind of ID I would need to take an internal flight,  but she was not answering my questions. 

R3A was also present and I was discussing the 'internal flight ID' issue with him while we tried to decide how to get from A to B in the quickest/cheapest way using public transport. We may have been sitting on a train during this scene, as I had the impression of sitting opposite him on some seats with a large window to my right side, which is reminiscent of how train seating is organised. I think it may have been daytime as well. I cannot recall what else happened in this scene, but it seemed to last a long time.

Scene 2: A Bedroom, Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was then in a bedroom with my Mum. I am not sure whose bedroom it was - it may have been a hotel. There was a bunkbed in the room, which has shelving running from up the end of the bed. On the shelves and the top bunk there were a variety of objects - small items and trinkets - for example, small toys, ornaments, makeup products - a wide variety. I was moaning to my Mum about why someone - I cannot recall who, but I did know in the dream - would have left all of their items in the bunkbed. I was halfway up the ladder so that I could see what was on the top bunk and higher shelves. My Mum informed me that the items had been left by that dream character (who was female) as gifts for me. I then started to see them differently - instead of being a mess which we would have to clear up, they were a thoughtful gesture which I appreciated. I started to write - in 3D white plastic lettering, using a special pen - on the front of a blank greeting card - which was simply a piece of folded card, for my own design. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Me doing a second PhD - on Trainspotting
  • R3A as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • None of note

Day Residue: 
  • My last previous dream involved me doing a second PhD on Trainspotting - see Dream 785 - 'Green Glass Needles'
  • At the time of this dream I was applying for a new ID card as my passport (which I usually use) was expired
  • I was considering making a trip to Scotland to visit R3A
  • A short while before this dream I had watched my favourite Youtuber, Grav3yardgirl (Bunny Meyer), test a 3D modeller pen, which allows you to 'draw' 3-dimensional objects using a heated 'pen' which 'writes' in melted plastic. I also watched her do a tour of her filming room, which is filled with collectable knick-knacks, ornaments and baby dolls etc

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was partially influenced by Day Residue, although it was a fairly boring dream upon recall, with no very obvious Dreamsigns. Pretty much everything which too place in this dream could have occurred in real life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment