Monday 27 June 2016

Dream 657

'Polish Boyfriend'
Date: 24 June 2016
Time: 23:00 - 08:30 (I woke up naturally from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Moderate recall

Scene 1: An Interior (Location Unknown) - Time Unknown
I was in a room, which I think - in the dream - was my bedroom. I was sitting - perhaps on a bed. Next to me was a male dream character - he had very pale white skin and peroxide blonde hair. His face was long and thin and he had large ears. I think he may have had some facial piercings, although I cannot recall for sure. In the dream, he was my new boyfriend, although at first, I was unsure about whether I was attracted to him, because I thought he was a bit ugly. I learned - from conversation with him - that he was Polish. As we spend time together in the dream - I cannot recall what we were doing, but it felt like fun and we were talking a lot - I started to fall in love with him, and feel more attracted to him. I do not know his name in the dream. My boyfriend and I decided to smoke some cannabis - I then realised that this was my home, as it was a house on university campus (although not my real life university or my actual home). I am not sure if we smoked the cannabis in the room or outside, but I recall my boyfriend and I quickly rushing outside to a balcony, underneath which there were some trees and bushes. It was night by this point, as I could see that it was dark, although I assume the earlier part of the dream occurred during the day, because a long period of time seemed to have passed. My boyfriend threw the joint we were smoking into the bushes to get rid of the evidence.

We then went back into the room, and I was trying to hide the rest of the cannabis. Two people then entered my room - they were dressed as police, in yellow hi-vis (note that campus security also dress in yellow hi-vis). I thought that this was the police, come to search the room, but one of the dream characters - a short female with dark hair, began to empty the bin/trashcan in my room - and I realised they were cleaning staff, just dressed as police. I felt relieved. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My Mum as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • University cleaning staff dressed in police uniforms

Day Residue: 
  • I think the reference to Polish nationality relates to the recent Brexit/EU debate affecting the United Kingdom (referendum results announced on 24 June 2016)
  • Shortly before this dream I moved into temporary accommodation on my university campus while renovation work is carried out on my permanent address. The move was unwanted and stressful. I think the feeling of being at home and on a university campus, but in an unfamiliar room was influenced by recent events in my real life
  • The day before this dream I had a conversation with my friend about smoking cannabis, and how I would never do it on the university campus

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was quite enjoyable, as I was 'in love' with the dream character boyfriend and was having fun in the dream. I cannot recall all aspects of this dream, because since I have moved into temporary accommodation, my sleep routine/dreaming has been severely affected. It seems that I can't recall my dreams, even when I know I have been asleep long enough to have had sufficient REM sleep and also aware that I did experience a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment