Saturday 9 July 2016

Dream 659

'Sinn Fein'
Date: 5 July 2016
Time: 02:30 - 10:00 (I woke up from this dream, naturally)
Type of dream: Dream fragments
Dream recall: Moderate recall

My recent dream recall has been terrible. This is mainly because I have moved into temporary accommodation and my sleep routine has been even more disturbed than usual. I have also been under a lot of stress from various sources in my waking life, which has an extremely negative impact on my dreaming.

Scene 1: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Day
I have forgotten most of this dream, but one scene stands out.

I was in the living-room in my Nan's house, squatting down beside the armchair which is next to the kitchen. My Mum was sitting in this chair, facing me, leaning across on the armrest. She was pencil sketching a cartoon image of a man with some kind of hat. I asked her who she was drawing and she leered/grinned at me, getting very close to my face. She said; 'Sinn Fein' (the Irish Republican Party, which means 'We Ourselves'). I got angry at her and said: 'Not all Irish people support Sinn Fein politically' to which she said: 'No, some splinter off from politics and just like hats'. I am not sure what this means, but the response made me even more angry because I thought she was being ignorant. She was laughing at me and I felt frustrated. I grabbed the sketch from her and ripped it up.

There was some interaction with RBA. I cannot recall what.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My Nan's house as a dreamscene location
  • My Mum as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • The behaviour of my Mum

Day Residue: 
  • The topic of politics and the idea of being an independent nation may have been inspired by the current political turmoil and civil unrest caused by Brexit - many people are applying for Irish passports so they can be part of the European Union (Ireland is an EU member state, whereas Northern Ireland is part of the UK)

Waking Reactions: 
I cannot recall hardly anything about this dream, but if I remember anything else, I will record it below. I was annoyed during this dream as I could not understand the behaviour of my Mum and interpreted it in a negative way.

No comments:

Post a Comment