Friday 14 July 2017

Dream 850

'Things Under the Bed'
Date: 9 July 2017
Time: Time Unknown
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: A Family Home - Time Unknown
I was in a family home, which I did not recognise from real life. At first, I do not think I was aware of whose house I was in. I was in the lounge, which appeared to be a normal room. I was sitting on a bed sofa, which was against a wall, adjacent to the door leading into the room. This is the only part of the room I can recall at this stage in the dream. I was sitting on the sofa, rolling a joint from some cannabis I had with me. I then started smoking the cannabis.

NN - a childhood friend - entered the room via the door next to me. I then became aware that this was her home. I tried to hide the joint I had been smoking, using only my hand/arm to conceal it, but the smoke was very obvious and I knew that I had not hidden it at all. NN was annoyed at me for smoking cannabis in her home, especially as she has 2 young children. She argued with me and seemed to ask me to leave, although I am not sure if she told me to go, or whether I got annoyed at her and told her I was leaving of my own accord. She told me to leave my cannabis behind, but I refused saying that if I was leaving, I was entitled to take it with me. 

The sofa I had been sitting on was then a bed. I could see that underneath the bed were a number of laundry bags and suitcases filled with my clothes and belongings. I was kneeling on the floor looking under the bed when I noticed this. I told NN that I needed to collect my clothes and belongings from under the bed. Realising how many of my possessions were stored in this room made me aware that this was my house. I still decided I should collect my possessions and leave though, as now NN lived here and I had moved away. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Cannabis

Dreamsigns: 

  • I was smoking cannabis in someone else's house without permission - and was unaware who lived in this house
  • The sofa turned into a bed
  • My belongings under the bed made me realise this was my house

Day Residue: 
  • I saw NN post frequently on Facebook around the time of this dream
  • I had been discussing my living arrangements next year and was considering whether to move in with a friend. In this conversation, I mentioned how much I hate moving and how there are a number of possessions in my current home which have been left behind by former residents of this property

Waking Reactions: 
There is not much to say about this dream - it was quite a normal dream and not particularly enjoyable or interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment