Friday 7 July 2017

Dreams 844 - 847

Dream 844
'Touching Hair & Floating on Water'
Date: 26 June 2017
Time: Unknown
Type of dream: Normal Dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: An Unknown Interior - Time Unknown
I was in a room which was brightly lit. I am not sure what kind of room it was, as I could just see that there was a long table or work surface in front of me, about waist-height. I was standing at this table, with some random dream characters, who I am not sure if I knew in the dream. The dream character standing next to me was a black man, in his 20s or 30s, with an Afro hairstyle. I started touching his hair, but then realised how offensive this was (I HATE when people find it appropriate to touch someone's hair unsolicited/non-consensually, as it often happens to me - it's far more offensive when the touching person is doing this to a person of colour, or because they are 'intrigued' by the texture of someone's hair). I felt guilty and wondered why I was acting against my own judgment here. The man told me it was OK, but I thought I had acted terribly and kept apologising. I add here there I have no curiosity about touching textured/natural hair and this is what was so confusing, even within the dream itself. 

Scene 2: A Forest - Dusk
I was in a forest - walking down a path between the trees/foliage. It was dusk as the sky was darkening. I was alone. I saw a pink handbag laying on the path in front of me, with some of the contents spilled out - there was a purse and other items you might find in a handbag. I left the bag where it was, and went someone else - I cannot recall where, but it was an interior, and whilst there, I had conversations with some (unrecalled) dream characters who I knew in the dream. The conversations led me to choose to go back to the forest and find the bag again, to take it. I went back and did indeed find and take the bag. Inside the purse there was some cash - banknotes - which made me feel happy.

I then found myself on my university campus, in an area near the lake, which I often visit in real life. This area is quite secluded, as there is a path alongside it, so very few people ever wander into the wooded area. I saw a white male dream character, which shocked me, as I thought I would be alone. It didn't seem quite so dark as it had been earlier in the dream, so I could see clearly. The male looked human - i.e. he was 3-dimensional and looked like a modern young man, wearing casual clothing, but I got the impression that he might be 'a ghost' because while he looked solid, at the same time, he appeared to be translucent or too pale. I then noticed that he was floating on the water of the stream which flows from the lake, rather than being on the ground. I ran away, scared. 

Scene 3: An Interior - Time Unknown
I went to an interior - I am not sure where this was, but in the dream the location was familiar, and the dream characters there were known to me in the dream, although I cannot recall them. There was a police raid - I am not sure why the raid happened or what the police were investigating, but I was worried that I was going to be arrested for taking the handbag I had found in the forest, so I hid it before being questioned by a male police officer. I was not arrested. I cannot recall anything else about this dream. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was acting out of character
  • A man was floating on water

Day Residue: 
  • I had been explaining the concept of 'theft by finding' in a conversation with DL 
  • I regularly take a walk through the secluded part of the forest. One afternoon, I was sitting in the forest by myself, when I became aware of someone behind me. It was a young(ish) black man with a carrier bag, dressed in casual clothing (a burgundy tracksuit). He had some facial hair. He was standing behind me, staring at me. He seemed alarmed when I turned and saw him, and he hurried away. I then heard footsteps/rustling and turned to see he had doubled back and was standing in the bushes, watching me - like he was curious. I turned and started directly at him, hoping he could see that I was perturbed by him watching me. He left. Again, several minutes later, he returned and was standing staring at me, from the bushes to the side of me. I said: 'Can I help you mate?' and he ran away. A few days later, I was in the same spot (by the stream) when the same man - dressed the same way, with a carrier bag in hand, was lurking behind me again. When I turned and saw him, he said: 'Hello' and I responded with the same. He again, walked off, only to sneak back and start watching me again from the bushes. I raised my eyebrows at him and stared back, and he left. I honestly do not think that this guy wants to harm me or had ill-intentions. He seems to be intrigued about seeing a woman sitting by herself in the forest. If necessary, I could run to safety or be heard screaming, so these incidents have not prevented me from doing my usual activities. I haven't seen the guy again, but I have noticed Rizla packets and beer cans in this area which were not there before
  • On the day of this dream I had been listening to an audiobook version of Stephen King's IT (1986) - which had plenty of references to 'floating' and contains a scene where Ben Hanscombe sees Pennywise, posing as his dead father, floating on water at the Derry Standpipe

Waking Reactions: 
None of note

Dream 845
'The Affair'
Date: 27 June 2017
Time: Unknown
Type of dream: Vivid Dream
Dream recall: Strong recall 

Scene 1: My Former University Accommodation, Norwich - Time Unknown
I was with a man who I had very strong romantic/sexual feelings towards - he was white, tall and slim, with shaved head and in his 30s, dressed in casual sportswear/urban clothing. We were in 'a hotel room', relaxing on a double bed, but I noticed that this was actually a room I used to live in when I was an undergraduate student in my university (the building this room was in - Waveney Terrace - has since been demolished and new buildings have replaced it). I was aware that we were in a hotel because I was visiting this man. We were getting on really well and he seemed to be enjoying my company as much as I was enjoying him. We started to have sex and I recall that we were kissing (I am not a fan of kissing in real life, and in the dream I was aware that I was 'making an exception, because I liked this man so much). There was nothing really to note about the sexual activity. It was not a 'wet dream' in that I did not experience real life arousal or orgasm from it, but it was fulfilling and more than anything else, I felt so happy to be with a man I felt so strongly for. 

The man's friends then came - about 2 or 3 males, all dressed in a similar style to him. They entered the room, which seemed to now be part of a bigger environment, with other rooms attached to it, including one which appeared to be a lounge. The friends (unknown to me in the dream), were telling my lover that he needed to go somewhere at '17' which I took to be a time (perhaps 17:00 hours?) He then told me that I should leave because he was busy and needed to attend to whatever it was his friends were telling him about. I was disappointed, but started to log onto a laptop in the lounge area, to find a bus/train to leave. There was one the next morning, but I did not want to stay that long, so I told my lover that I would call a taxi to come and collect me. He then started begging me to stay for as long as I could before he had to leave. I told him that he couldn't have it his own way - I would either stay or go, but was not able to wait around to suit his plans. He told me that I should stay and asked him friends to leave. We returned to the bed. 

I cannot recall what else happened.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was in a room in a building which has since been demolished
  • The room changed and became part of a bigger environment
  • '17' was a valid time

Day Residue: 
  • I had been discussing travel plans with a friend prior to this dream

Waking Reactions: 
This dream made me happy - as most sex dreams do. I also liked the feeling of being around someone I had strong feelings for, as in real life I am single and often miss male company or the physical touch of another person.

Dream 846 - False Awakening
'Grey Crawler'
Date: 29 June 2017
Time: Unknown
Type of dream: Lucid False Awakening
Dream recall: Strong recall 

Scene 1: My Bedroom, Norwich - Night
I woke up - in my own bedroom, in my bed, as normal. It was dark as I would expect. At first, I assumed I was really awake, but something drew my attention to my desk, which is to the right side of my bed, across the room. On the desk, there was a grey creature, which looked like a cat-sized centipede or other multi-legged insect-like creature. It was walking along the back of the desk against the wall and was making a rattling sound (like a rattlesnake). I was instantly aware that this was a False Awakening, although I did not appear to have any sleep paralysis. As I was lucid, I was not too scared, but I did not want to look around the room or see anything else, as I can be quite frightened even in a lucid false awakening situation, even though I know it is a dream state. I then noticed my laptop, which was on a chair next to my bed (it would be there in real life, as I put it there to watch videos while I fall asleep). The screen showed a man in a balaclava, with only his eyes and mouth showing. It was either a still image or he wasn't really moving, but this made me feel uneasy. I must have fallen back into a deeper sleep as this is the entire experience I can recall. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • This was a false awakening, so I was aware I was in a dream state by noticing my dreamsigns

Day Residue: 
  • A few days before this dream I had listened to a recording of the Night Stalker which was illustrated by a photo of a man in a balaclava

Waking Reactions: 
False awakenings often terrify me - this one was not so bad, but it did make me feel very uneasy at the time, even though I was aware of what was happening. I chose not to try and transform this into a full lucid dream (by getting out of bed and walking around or trying to change the dream scene), as I just wanted the experience to end as quickly as possible.

Dream 847
'I Can't Explain How I Know'
Date: 2 July 2017
Time: Unknown
Type of dream: Vivid Dream
Dream recall: Strong recall 

Scene 1: A Classroom - Day
I was in a classroom which was filled with dream characters - all of whom were female as far as I can recall. The teacher was also female. I knew many of the dream characters - either in the dream or from real life. One of them was JS, a Facebook friend. I am not sure what course we were on, but it seemed to be something to do with the military. I was summonsed to the front of the class to answer a problem - not a maths problem as such, but it was something which required a calculation (in real life, I have dyscalculia and find simple mathematics extremely problematic). I went to the front of the class and found myself standing beside the teacher, in front of a large chalk board. I was gesturing wildly with my hands, while I gave the answer to the 'problem' posed by the teacher. When asked to 'explain my calculations' I said: 'I know the answer, but I can't explain how I know'. I was sure that my answer was correct, even though I did not know how I had arrived at it - and it appeared that this was the case. 

Something happened in the classroom to make 3 of us rebel against the teacher - myself, JS and another female dream character, who I think is someone who I know in real life, but cannot recall. We mounted an aircraft which belonged to the RAF - but instead of being a plane, it was more like a hand glider, with a big metal frame which we could sit astride.This was inside the classroom and we were not supposed to be using it. We were referring to it as 'a tank' and were planning to use it to 'joyride'.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was in a class with JS
  • The RAF hand glider/tank object

Day Residue: 

Waking Reactions: 
This was a really unusual dream, which was very vivid when I first woke up from it, although specific memories have faded between me experiencing it/writing contemporaneous notes and now writing it up as a dream report.

No comments:

Post a Comment