Saturday, 15 July 2017

Dream 852

'Ewan McGregor v Pennywise the Dancing Clown'
Date: 12 July 2017
Time: 23:30 - 05:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

I can only remember one scene from this dream, which I believe may have been much longer and more complex. 

Scene 1: An Empty Warehouse - Day
I was in an empty warehouse - or at least it was a building which I assumed to be a warehouse, but in fact seemed to be partially made out of wood, like a shed only much bigger. I think it was day - there was a window in front of me - and along the walls of the warehouse, and I think it may have been sunny outside, as it was quite light inside, as if the sun was shining in the through the windows. I cannot recall anything in this warehouse, other than two chairs, in front of the window. 

At first, I thought I was sitting in one of the chairs, and was tied to the chair with a rope, holding my arms down by my sides, as if I was a kidnap victim. However, without moving, I could also 'see' the empty chair in front of me, seeming as if I was standing looking at it, while also experiencing being tied up and sitting on it. I did not see myself in third-person perspective as I often do in dreams. It was more like I was simultaneously sitting, tied up in the same chair I could see while standing in front of it.

While experiencing the sensation of standing in front of both empty chairs, I became aware that I was being held hostage and interrogated by Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's IT (1986) - the Tim Curry version from the TV miniseries (1990). This 'explained' why the I was tied to the chair. Pennywise was standing beside me (to the left of the me standing watching, to the right of me while I was sitting, tied to the chair) cracking silly jokes and laughing a lot while he interrogated me. I cannot recall what questions he was asking me, or what jokes he was making, but I felt very scared and wary of him and did not want to provoke or annoy him in any way as I knew he wanted to kill me eventually and I wanted to stay alive for as long as possible. I felt a weird sensation - as if I was close to a wild animal which should be safely behind bars, but which had escaped and cornered me. It seemed (in my thoughts) that Pennywise shouldn't be free to pose a risk to me - as if he were a real, live dangerous creature which should be kept in an animal enclosure in a zoo. 

One thing I recall Pennywise saying was: 'You're my next consignment', which I took me to mean - 'you are in my next set of intended victims'. This made me feel pure terror. yet in the dream the standing/watching me did not try to escape - it was as if I had no autonomy, the same as the me tied to the chair. 

As I was standing, in fear of Pennywise (who other than a lot of jokes/questions and verbal threat, did not seem to be particularly quick to attack me), I noticed that the chair next to 'mine' (so to my left as I was seated int he chair, to my right as I was standing looking at my empty chair) was occupied by another person, also tied to the chair. I was overjoyed to see that it was my favourite man ever, in the world (as regular readers of my Blog and family/friends know all too well!) - Ewan McGregor! He was wearing a khaki T-shirt with a pocket on the chest, and some baggy trousers and trainers - so casually dressed. His hair was quite messy. I felt relieved and safe now Ewan was present. I knew he would resist the interrogation by Pennywise. Ewan said to me: 'It's OK now' and then began shaking his head from side-to-side very fast. This was an 'attack' on Pennywise, who was really scared by Ewan's head shaking. Ewan saved both of our lives.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 

  • I was simultaneously tied to a chair as well as standing in front of the (empty) chair, staring at it, but not seeing myself
  • I was captured and being interrogated by Pennywise the Clown
  • Ewan McGregor was present
  • Ewan McGregor 'attacked' Pennywise and 'saved our lives' by shaking his head from side-to-side very fast

Day Residue: 
  • I have been listening to an audio book of Stephen King's IT
  • I had been watching a Youtube video about mining Bitcoins, which showed a large warehouse which housed the high-powered computers for Bitcoin-mining
  • I think about and look at images of Ewan McGregor every day - I am currently watching him play brothers in Fargo (2017)

Waking Reactions: 
It was awesome to have a dream which featured both Pennywise and Ewan McGregor at the same time - even more so that Ewan saved me from Pennywise! Ewan was able to turn what I was experiencing as a strange nightmare into a very positive dream.

1 comment:

  1. This is the place Emotional Freedom Technique (or EFT) comes into put. It is free, speedy, simple and exceptionally successful at halting longings of numerous sorts including needing to smoke Cannabis Stores in tacoma
    .

    ReplyDelete