Sunday 30 July 2017

Dream 856

'Constructive Dismissal'
Date: 22 July 2017
Time: Time Unknown
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Weak recall 

I can only remember one scene from this dream, which I believe may have been much longer and more complex. 

Scene 1: An Office - Day
I was in an office - it actually reminds me of somewhere I have been/seen in real life, but I am unable to recall why it seems so familiar. There was one main open plan room, with computers and filing cabinets (and a deep blue carpet) and then some smaller meeting rooms, with large windows and tables in them, but nothing else. 

I was in one of the small meeting rooms with a Facebook friend I admire very much, JSK, and another dream character. Both JSK and the other dream character were employed by the firm (which seemed to be in the UK, despite the fact JSK is American). I was not employed here, I was visiting and it seemed that I was there to give legal advice to the 2 women, who had a work-related complaint against a male boss. We were sitting round the table and I recall the sun shining in through the large window, which had no curtains or blinds.

JSK and I then walked out in the main part of the office, where we were confronted by her male boss. He was an older white man, who was tall and skinny, wearing a business suit, which was grey pin-striped. He was in his 50s and had short grey hair and a grey moustache. When he spoke, he had an English accent. He was carrying something in his hands. He screamed something angrily at JSK, which partly referred to 'constructive knowledge' (in law, constructive knowledge is implied where the person has notice of a fact/piece of information, or the reasonable means of finding out. Therefore their knowledge is presumed, regardless of whether they actually have it or not). The boss was suggesting that JSK would be fired. I said to him: 'That's constructive dismissal!' I felt very proud of this comeback, as it was not only a play on words, but I felt like I had 'won' the case.

I cannot recall what else happened. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Meeting Facebook friends who I have not actually met in person

Dreamsigns: 

  • I was with JSK in her workplace, helping her resolve a workplace dispute

Day Residue: 
  • I had watched a Youtube video which allegedly showed paranormal activity in a similar looking office space after business hours when the workplace was empty. The 'ghost' was messing around with computers and filing cabinets
  • I often engage with JSK on Facebook
  • I may have read 'constructive knowledge' in my legal cases, I cannot recall - but it is likely

Waking Reactions: 
Again - there is not much to say about this dream, as I cannot recall much about it and the details I do recall where not especially unusual. The most interesting thing about this dream was that there was a play on words - when I said 'constructive dismissal' in response to the phrase said by the boss, including 'constructive knowledge', it seemed very 'smart' and 'witty'.

No comments:

Post a Comment