Saturday 7 January 2012

Dream Interpretation 22

DREAM 22

6 January 2012

This dream snippet happened during a short afternoon nap.

Main environment
I don’t know.

Timing 
I don’t know – but there was a bright interior light.

Characters 
  • Myself (first person perspective)
  • Homer Simpson
  • David Copperfield (American illusionist/magician)
Narrative 
I saw Homer Simpson. He disappeared and I found myself standing next to David Copperfield. I was trying to pronounce the word décolletage’ with a French accent, but I couldn’t say it right and kept repeating the word horribly. I woke up.
Homer Simpson
David Copperfield
Décolletage
France
Potential Triggers 
  • The Simpsons was on the television in the background when I fell asleep
  • A couple of days before this dream I read an online article about the ‘perfect computer-generated woman’ based on a composite of readers’ preferred female celebrities, which suggested that the best celebrity 'décolletage' belonged to UK model/presented Kelly Brook - this is not a word I would normally use myself to describe this area of the body 
Interpretation/Analysis  
    I don’t think there was much significance in the appearance of the Homer Simpson character in the dream – it was probably the result of me ‘hearing’ the show as I was falling asleep. 

    Magician:
    1. An issue or a task at hand may be trickier than you had anticipated; disillusionment
    2. Attempts to fool yourself/someone into believing something which you know is not true  
    Speaking French:
      1. A message from your unconscious that you do not yet understand
      2. You may not be making yourself clear to others
      3. If you do not speak French and you hear French in your dream - a sensual and romantic part of yourself; an expression of love
      4. Unwillingness to understand some issue
      5. You are not giving enough attention to some waking relationship
      6. Speaking with a different accent – difficulty in conveying thoughts/feelings 
      Chest/breasts – i.e. décolletage:
        1. Courage; bravado; or resiliency
        2. Love; passion; compassion
        3. Emotion; or the ability to feel emotion
        4. One specific emotion expressed in the dream – i.e. frustration?
        5. Femininity; primal nourishment; nurturing; female sexuality; mother or motherly love; emotional support
        6. Exposure; invasion of privacy

        No comments:

        Post a Comment