Tuesday 28 April 2015

Dream 421

'The 79-Flights of Stairs Accident'
Dream date: 25 April 2015

Day 4 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - The 'Dream Town' Dream
This is Day 4 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment.

I was aware that there had been a terrible accident - a young woman had falled down 79 flights of stairs and was in hospital. I wondered if she had tried to commit suicide, but then realised that she had not. I think I saw a news report about the incident. I then wondered how it was possible to fall down 79 flights of stairs, as this would mean the building was higher than most skyscrapers. I also wondered how she had survived the incident. I considered that she might have fallen from a window, onto the exterior ground outside the building, but then realised that she had fallen down the stairs inside the building. The whole event really confused me. 

I then found myself entering my nan's house in Sheringham. I was pushing a small blonde child in a pink pushchair. The child was approximately 2 - 3 years old and I was caring for her, because she was in some way linked to the woman who had fallen down 79 flights of stairs. At first I thought she was the woman (even though she was a small child), then I thought maybe she was actually her daughter or sister. I wasn't sure how I had come to be the carer of this child, or her relationship to the victim. I stood, with the pushchair, in the kitchen, but the backdoor which leads to the porch. My aunt came in - at first I thought it was CJ, but as soon as she spoke, I realised it was her younger sister, my aunt VF. VF bent down to the child and touched her blonde hair. She said: 'I don't know how she had this fine blonde hair when we are all half Korean'. I found this statement strange for several reasons: (a) it seemed that the child was actually part of my family; (b) none of us are half-Korean. I am the only mixed-race member of my family, who are either fully Caucasian or Asian. My aunt still had her reddish-blonde hair, but she seemed to be suggesting that our family all had jet-black hair from our 'Korean' heritage.

I then heard another news report come on the TV in the living-room. It turned out that a man had been arrested for pushing the female victim down the 79 flights of stairs. He was going to prison for ABH. I thought this was ridiculous, as surely this was GBH with intent or attempted murder?!

I then saw the female victim laying on a hospital bed - it was being wheeled down a corridor. She was covered by a white sheet, and I could only see the top of her head (blonde hair), as I was standing behind the hospital bed. I realised that the victim had awoken from her coma and was going to take a very long time to recover. Despite the fact I could not see her face, I could sense that she was in a positive mood, despite the fact I knew she was now a quadriplegic. 

TIME: 07:00 - 10:30 hours (during WBTB, initial sleep, 03:30 - 07:00 hours - woke briefly, then went back to sleep)
LUCIDITY: None
SPECIAL NOTES:  14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment:
  1. MILD Technique 
  2. Dream Incubation methods
  3. Dream Visualisation methods
  4. Wake-Back-To-Bed method
  5. I had smoked some cannabis and drank a large quantity of alcohol the night before this dream.

Dreamsigns:
  • It is impossible to imagine anyone falling down 79 flights of stairs and surviving (A - Action)
  • I was confused about the identity of dream characters - both dream-created and actual persons - the identities seemed transient and changing and I misook one of my aunts for another (IA - Inner Awareness/C - Context)
  • My family is not half-Korean (IA - Inner Awareness)
  • Making someone quadrilplegic is far more severe than ABH - actual bodily harm (IA - Inner Awarness)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • My nan's house in Sheringham as a dream scene location

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I had been informed that a student at my university had tried to commit suicide by jumping out of a window three-floors up. He ended up injured in hospital. I had thought how terrible it would be if he had ended up paralysed from this event.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

This dream was just confusing - for the reasons outlined above.

* I think I have recalled the majority of details from this dream. 

Interpretation/Analysis:
Again, this is another dream which was set in my nan's house in Sheringham. It seems that the majority of my dreams during this dream incubation experiment are set in my home town - although this may just be following the general pattern of my dreaming (a large number of my dreams are set in my nan's house/Sheringham). 

No comments:

Post a Comment