Tuesday 12 May 2015

Dream 435

'Shirley from Eastenders is a Man'
Dream date: 11 May 2015
I was in a lounge area with my parents. It wasn't my real-life home, or their flat in Sheringham (or my nan's house) - it was a dream scene only, but in the dream, we all lived in this house together. It was a pretty normal looking room - with nothing out of the ordinary. Someone else was with us - it may have been PS or DL. We were eating dinner. My parents had trays on their laps, while my male companion (PS/DL) and I were sitting on the floor, with our plates on a coffee table. I do not know what we were eating. 

We were watching a TV show. On the TV was a soldier. He was saying that he only joined the army because there were 'loads of women available'. I thought this was misogynistic and objectifying of woman and said: 'So he only cares about vagina!' My stepdad said: 'Don't say vagina while I'm eating because it puts me off!' (in real-life, my stepdad often says crude/blunt things and swears/jokes a lot and would not find the word 'vagina' offensive at all, regardless of whether he was eating). I said: 'It's the medical term for a woman's genitalia' to which he responded: 'It's a dirty word, just use 'pussy' instead'. I then saw (as if in my mind's eye) a number of disembodied pink vaginas floating in the air above a green lush garden setting. After a couple of seconds, during which I felt confused by this image, I found myself back in the lounge with my family and PS/DL. We were now watching Eastenders - or a programme about the show. It transpired that there would be a shock storyline in which it would be revealed that 'Shirley Carter' (played by Linda Henry) was actually a male. I wondered how this could be, as the character of 'Shirley' is a mother in the soap. It was then revealed that 'Shirley' was actually Danny Dyer, which was even more confusing as Danny Dyer plays 'Mick Carter' (who was recently revealed to be Shirley' secret son, instead of her brother as he had been led to believe). I was so confused as to how this would work: how did Shirley give birth to several children if she was a man in disguise (a 'female impersonator')? How was she also the same person as her on-screen son? How would Danny Dyer play both roles? I thought the whole idea was so funny that I started to laugh out loud, very hard. I was laughing so much that tears were streaming down my face and I could hardly breathe.

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream.

TIME: 18:00 - 22:30 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: None
SPECIAL NOTES: None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • My family all lived together in a house which does not exist in real-life, just the dream (IA - Inner Awareness/F - Form)
  • In the dream, I was more of a feminist than in real-life - I do not find the statement said by the 'soldier' to be sexist or offensive to women in any way (IA - Inner Awareness/C - Context)
  • In the dream 'vagina' was an offensive word, whereas 'pussy' was not. I also saw some images of vaginas in a garden which could only be part of a dream (IA - Inner Awareness/C- Context).
  • The whole Eastenders plot line was ridiculous! (IA - Inner Awareness/A - Action/F - Form)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • For the last few days, while standing in a queue in the shop I have seen Danny Dyer (in character as 'Mick Carter') on the front cover of various soap magazines. I also saw pictures of him attending the BAFTAs TV Awards ceremony the day before this dream.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream left me in a very positive mood as I had laughed so much in the dream, I woke up feeling really happy.

* I have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but if I recall anything further, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment