Friday 29 May 2015

Dream 447

'Gas Attacks for Kidnap & Blue Wardrobes'
Dream date: 27 May 2015
I was in an interior environment. It was a domestic house, which was brightly lit (see diagram). The main room was a kitchen/lounge area with a counter in the middle of the room. I am not sure what the other furniture in the room was, but to the left of the room was a doorway which led to a long, narrow hallway. Coming off this hallway was a number of doors to other (unexplored) rooms, and at the far end, the front door to the house. Standing in the middle of the floor, halfway down the hall was a blue decorative wardrobe. I looked in the wardrobe and saw it was filled with my possessions. I went into the kitchen, where my mum was sitting at the kitchen counter. We had a conversation where it was indicated that there was a man who intended to hurt us in some way by a 'gas attack'. He was driving up and down a road looking for us, because apparently we had 'kidnapped' his baby daughter to save her from his neglect and ill-treatment (like child protective services) and he was seeking revenge. I then left the house and found it was daylight outside. I found myself on a long, straight, sandy coloured road, with grass and pavement on either side. The sun was shining. There was nothing else apart from the road, the pavement and the grass. I started walking down the road, realising that the revengeful father was driving around looking for me. Suddenly, I saw a pale blue car approach me. The driver leaned out of the window of the car and held out a balloon, which was how he planned to 'attack me with gas'. I cannot recall what this male dream character looked like, other than he was white, middle-aged and was smiling at me in a creepy way. I then found myself back in the house from the earlier dream scene

Back at the house, I noticed that the blue wardrobe had disappeared. I found out that my mum had got rid of it, but she told me that she had taken my possessions out of it first. I was annoyed that she had got rid of my wardrobe without asking me first. She said that it was her who had given me the wardrobe in the first place. I said: 'But if it was a lipstick, or a dress or a book you gave me, you wouldn't have the right to take it back and get rid of it. A wardrobe is no different - it is still an object which belongs to me!' I then thought (in the dream): 'Wow, that argument sounded really convincing, that sounds like something I would say in waking reality. I must have access to my waking mind in the dream!' I woke up before I could become fully lucid.

TIME: 22:00 - 04:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: Pre-lucid or semi-lucid - Starting to question the fact I am in a dream without becoming fully aware/conscious of the fact I definitely am dreaming. I still accepted the dream as 'reality'.
SPECIAL NOTES: I smoked cannabis several hours before I went to sleep. Dream recall not as clear as usual.

Dreamsigns:
  • The 'gas attack' was an attack involving a balloon (A - Action/F - Form)
  • My mum and I had rescued a neglected baby (C - Context)
  • I moved between dream scenes without travelling (A - Action)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • The colour blue

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day of this dream I had read an online news article which referred to child protective services in America.
  • The day of this dream I watched a space documentary about the 'gas giant' planets in our solar system (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune).

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I enjoyed this dream despite the fact that nothing positive happened in it - because I woke up in a good mood after experiencing it. There were no specific waking thoughts or emotions associated directly with the dream contents or symbolism, however. The dream did not feel scary or threatening in any way, despite the knowledge that a dream character was seeking revenge and planned to harm me with the 'gas attack'. It seemed futile on his part and I managed to escape easily. The fact I was pre/semi lucid in this dream is interesting - clearly I was using my waking cognition in some way - and able to recognise this in the dream (i.e. feeling proud that I formulated an argument which would be logical and persuasive in my waking reality) but I was unable to become fully lucid before waking up.

* I may have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but if I recall anything else, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment