Monday 25 May 2015

Dream 444

'GJ's Visit'
Dream date: 24 May 2015
I was in a classroom and was working on a project with SF - a friend from my former high school. There were other students (dream characters or former classmates - I did not pay much attention to them) sitting around the desk with us. SF was explaining the project to me and it appeared that she knew more than I did as I could not grasp the basics of what we had to do. SF was sketching out a diagram in pencil - which involved an image of a female child. I felt bored and could not understand the relevance of the diagram. SF was getting frustrated with me because I was not helping her and she was doing all the work. 

I was then aware that GJ (a friend I met through PS, my ex-boyfriend) was coming to visit me (this would not happen in real-life). GJ came into the classroom and I asked the teacher (a female) if it was OK for him to sit in and wait for the class to end. She said that he would stay for a few minutes. SF was still trying to involve me in the project - and was still drawing pencil diagrams. I did not feel that my input was helpful and I could see that GJ was leaning back in his chair and drawing attention to himself, so may well get thrown out of the classroom for outstaying his welcome. Rather than annoy the teacher or my classmates, I decided to leave the class early with GJ. I told SF that she was better off doing the project without me and she agreed.

GJ and I went outside and I found that we were in my 'Dream Town' (a town which creates a sense of dream deja vu even though I cannot recall it being an actual place I have visited in real-life - it is a recurrent dream scene location). We were in the city part of the Dream Town - standing outside some tall, derelict-looking buildings. The windows looked like brightly-lit white squares and there were some posters and signs fly-posted on the brick exterior of the building. It was daylight, but the sky was grey and stormy-looking. GJ and I were trying to get hold of some cannabis - GJ was texting someone from his mobile phone. He showed me the screen and on it was a black and white sketchy-looking diagram. I am not sure what it was - but in the dream it was a text asking someone to sell us some cannabis. GJ and I were also making plans to travel to my nan's house in Sheringham, where we were staying during his visit. 

TIME: 01:00 - 09:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: None
SPECIAL NOTES: Possible REM rebound effect from cannabis smoking prior to this dream

Dreamsigns:
  • A text message appeared as a strange diagram on the phone screen (F - Form)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Being in a classroom/learning environment
  • My Dream Town
  • Cannabis

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day of this dream a friend of a Facebook friend sent me a friend request. From his profile picture he looked a lot like GJ (both have Italian family roots also) - who also looks a little like a younger Dave Grohl from Nirvana/Foo Fighters. Foo Fighters were on the line-up for the BBC Radio One Big Weekend, which took place over the weekend this dream occurred - on my university campus (next to my Law School).

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was neither positive nor negative, but I did enjoy it.

* I may have forgotten some elements of this dream, but if I recall them, I will record them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment