Thursday 10 September 2015

Index Page for My 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - Kurt Cobain Dream

This is an Index Page for easy navigation for those of you following my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - Kurt Cobain Dream. You can find the initial post for my dream incubation experiment, by clicking on the title above (red text in the main body of an article is a hyper-link which will open in another window).

Here is a list of the Dream Journal Reports relating to dreams experienced during my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - Kurt Cobain Dream:


Here are 2 previous dreams about Kurt Cobain (one non-lucid with an interesting narrative, the other a spontaneous DILD - Dream-Initiated Lucid Dream - with elements of lucid dream sex): Dream 478 (My Favourite Dream Ever) (the non-lucid dream) & Dream 488 (the lucid dream).

Here are the methods I am following for this Dream Incubation Experiment:
  • Perform the MILD Technique for lucid dreaming on a daily basis. If this dream is a lucid dream, it will therefore be a DILD (Dream-Initiated/Induced Lucid Dream).
  • Incorporate elements of Tholey's Combined Technique for lucid dreaming, which has been reviewed as the most successful (cognitive) method for lucid dream induction. I will adapt the key steps of critical reflection, intention and auto-suggestion so that I not only encourage myself to become lucid, but use these as a way of incubating my desired dream theme.
  • Use visual aids - such as photographs relating to my dream incubation theme - as well as immersing myself in material relevant to my dream incubation during my waking hours. I will also keep the written prompt for my dream incubation under my pillow and make sure I read it before going to sleep each night.
  • Where possible, I will perform the Wake-Back-to-Bed method.
  • Incorporate my chosen dream theme in both my daily reality checks (10 - 15 per day) by thinking clearly and positively about my incubated dream theme after each reality check.
  • Train myself to spot dreamsigns when reflecting on my Dream Journal entries each day following a dream - then hopefully, if my dream incubation is successful, recognising the dreamsigns within the dream (i.e. meeting a dead celebrity would be a dreamsign in the context of this experiment) and reality checking will trigger me to become lucid.
  • Meditate on my incubated dream theme for at least 10 minutes before sleep and perform specific affirmations alongside the normal MILD Technique/Tholey's Combined Technique ones ('I will lucid dream about [incubated dream theme] tonight, and I will remember it') - this should also encourage successful dream recall.
  • Use Dream Visualisation before sleep - using my previous dreams based on the incubated dream theme as inspiration.

Youtube videos relating to my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - Kurt Cobain Dream:


Further Reading on Dream Incubation:
I have written previous articles about dream incubation, which you can read by clicking HERE and HERE. You may also find my article on Dream Visualisation helpful if you are attempting your own dream incubation experiment.

I have had some successful and unsuccessful previous dream incubation experiments, which you may like to read:

No comments:

Post a Comment