Sunday 1 May 2016

Dream 617

'The Ace'
Dream date: 30 April 2016

Scene 1: An Interior Scene (Location Unknown) - Day
I was in a location which I am not able to identify. I was with PS (my ex-boyfriend) and he had a piece of paper with handwritten notes on it. He was telling me that there was a new girl who was joining us, and this troubled me, as I did not want another girl to intrude upon our time together. There was the indication that PS and I were going to have sex, however, he was adamant that the other girl had to be present as she was his 'new girlfriend'. I felt jealous and decided that the best option would be to tell PS that I didn't want anything more to do with him, and he should concentrate on the new girl instead of involving me. This did not feel empowering, but rather, like it was my only route out of this situation. I then became aware that there was some kind of 'game' taking place, where RBA was being chased around the UK. I decided to message him on Facebook to see what this game was all about and why he was being chased, but I noticed he had a weird Facebook profile picture which made him look different from usual, and I did not get around to actually sending him a message. 

Scene 2: A Classroom (University Campus) - Day
I was then in a classroom, where the tables were arranged in long rows with students facing each other. I was sitting opposite a mature woman with grey hair in a bun, and big glasses; and a middle-aged man in a suit. We were learning 'Tort Law' (civil liability). I made a point about suing someone for a tort, and the mature woman told me that it was not possible and I was wrong. I said: 'No, I know what I am talking about' to which she started laughing, saying: 'I'm a lawyer and I didn't qualify as a lawyer by getting the law wrong'. I started telling her that she wasn't a lawyer and she should shut up. I felt annoyed that she was trying to undermine my knowledge in this way. Something attracted my attention to the teacher, who was standing some distance away, in the corner of the class, holding up a book. I cannot recall what else happened in this scene. 

Scene 3: A Second-Hand Bookshop - Day
I was then in a secondhand bookshop - which was just about to close. I was either staring through a gap in the window, or at the doorway, and there were boxes of books surrounding me. I asked the man who owned the shop if he could find me one book before he closed business for the day - this being Stephen King's IT (1986). The man said: 'I have that right here!' and handed me the book. I noticed that the book had much fewer pages and the type on these pages was much bigger, meaning the novel was about a tenth of the length of the real-life version. I flicked through it, confused. The shop owner said: 'Oh this was the original. The longer one was re-make based on what the fans asked for...' I looked at the front cover. The book was called 'The Ace' and the picture was of a tree. Sitting in the tree were the 'Loser's Club' characters as children, and a noose from which a clown suit (nobody wearing it) was hung. The Losers Club and the hanged clown suit were to the right-side of the image of the tree. In the centre, was Pennywise the Clown (only his head, shoulders and arms emerging from the leaves of the tree), holding what appeared to be a coathanger with lots of small images of his face hanging from it, like a baby's mobile. I wondered if The Ace would be a better version of Stephen King's IT than the one I had read (in real-life, having a memory of this in the dream), and felt that I should try to get a copy of the (real-life) version so I could make a fair comparison. 

I was then in a record shop - or maybe this was just another section of the secondhand bookshop, as I did not seem to travel anywhere. I felt like I had been here before (in a previous dream?) - there was a sense of strong 'dream déjà vu', which caused me to feel confused and unsettled, although I cannot say why. 

I think I have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but I did feel that I had quite good dream recall when I first woke up from it, and therefore I may remember more later - I will update this post accordingly if any other dream memories relating to this dream resurface.

TIME: 03:30 - 15:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The weird game involving RBA - who had a different appearance from real-life
  • The Stephen King's IT (1986) novel was completely different from the real-life version

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • My ex-boyfriends inviting other women to join us and me feeling uncomfortable about this 'intrusion' (and somewhat jealous!)
  • Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's IT 

Potential Day/Dream Residue:

  • The other day I was teaching a Criminal Law revision class and one of my students asked me about Tort Law (asking if civil liability for disease transmission was possible, instead of criminalization) 
  • This month, the rapper Birdman did a radio interview where he ranted about 'respect' which led to him being made into somewhat of a joke - as a result, on 27 April 2016 there was online publicity about a range of products launched by Birdman which capitalised on several soundbites from the interview (i.e. 'put some respek on it') - the 'R' in RBA stands for 'Respek' 
  • The day before this dream I had found a business card for secondhand book vendors in the back of my purse (because I love secondhand books more than anything!)
  • The day before this dream I had discussed with DL how Mortal Kombat 3 (1995) had been re-released as Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, released later the same year, with updated characters and gameplay
  • The day before this dream I remember seeing a hangman's noose covered in snow on a TV show I was watching (I cannot recall what the TV show was, but the noose was there to demonstrate how anything can look aesthetically pleasing when covered in snow)

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream felt quite significant when I dreamed it - it was not a nightmare, but it had a disturbing, unsettling quality.

* I may have forgotten some aspects of this dream. If I recall anything else later, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment