Wednesday 18 May 2016

Dream 631

'Vegan Dinner Party'
Date: 18 May 2016
Time: 04:30 - 10:15 (I woke up from this dream - naturally)
Type of dream: Normal/non-lucid
Dream recall: Strong recall of vivid dream

Scene 1: Farmer's Market, Norwich - Day
I was with a group of dream characters, who I vaguely knew in the dream (they were acquaintances, but not known well to me). These dream characters were all vegan and wanted to host a dinner party in my house in Norwich. I was worried that there were too many of them - there were maybe 30 people in the group. They were all hipster or hippy types. We were at an indoor farmer's market to buy produce for the dinner party. The farmer's market was filled with baskets and shelves of fresh fruit and vegetables - the range was huge and everything looked really delicious. We were all putting produce in our shopping baskets, and browsing. I could not decide what I should make for my dish. I went to some shelves where there were smoked garlics and rings of chorizo sausage. I chose these items. One male dream character approached me and said: 'No, it's got to be vegan'. I decided not to listen to him. 

I then saw myself in third-person perspective in the kitchen in my former childhood home in Pine Grove, Sheringham, preparing a dish which involved salmon and vegetables. 

I then found that one of my friends - I think it was DL - was was present. I was telling him that I didn't want the vegan dinner party to take place at my (Norwich) home, I wanted privacy and for us to have the place to ourselves. I wondered how I could cancel the vegan dinner party and make everyone leave.

Scene 2: A Bedroom (Location Unknown) - Time Unknown
I am in a very narrow bedroom, which had 2 beds facing each other, with a small gap in the middle of them. Everything about the room seemed blue - the bed linen and the quality of the light. My stepbrother (estranged from our family) was sitting on one bed, and me on the other. He was telling me that 'Nobody wants us to be in a relationship' and the indication was that we were starting to be in some kind of romantic/sexual relationship which no-one approved of, because of the familial connection. I thought that I wanted to end the relationship before it even started - I felt uncomfortable about the situation and was not attracted to my stepbrother, but it felt like he had made the decision for me and I could not change my mind. These thoughts were not spoken, but were in my mind. I moved down the end of the bed I was sitting on, which brought me closer to my stepbrother, who was sitting at the end of his bed. I found that there was a poetry book at the end of my bed, and I opened it, onto the contents page. I noticed that one of the poems was called 'I Put You' and this was supposed to mean 'I Love You'. I noticed that all the words in the sentence were spelled correctly, but was confused as to why the word 'put' was being used instead of the word 'love' as this made the poem title meaningless. I spent some time thinking about this.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • My former childhood home in Pine Grove, Sheringham
  • 'Incest' with a family member

Dreamsigns
  • I saw myself in third-person perspective
  • My step-brother and I were supposed to be in a relationship

Day Residue:
  • The day before this dream I had watched a parody video (posted on Facebook) which was called 'If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans'
  • The day before this dream I had an online conversation with someone about how I eat vegan/vegetarian foods for over half of the week. I also listed the very few pork-based meat products I actually eat - chorizo was one of them
  • A few days before this dream I noticed a Facebook advert for people in my local area to apply for Come Dine with Me - I would like to enter this TV dinner party contest, but it would not be possible in my current house
  • The day before this dream, my neighbours/colleagues and I had been discussing the forthcoming inconvenience of having to move into temporary accommodation while renovation works take place in our current homes
  • The day before this dream, a member of the Sims 3 page on Facebook asked which mod she would need to enable her Sims to have incestuous relationships. I advised her which mod would allow this, but expressed surprise at her decision to play the game in this way - this may have influenced the second dream scene where I was supposedly in an 'incestuous' relationship with my stepbrother - although, technically, this is not incest, as we are not related by blood
  • The day before this dream I had been discussing my family with a friend on Facebook
  • The day before this dream I had been writing poetry for online poetry contests

Waking Reactions: 
I didn't enjoy the themes of this dream, but I did like the fact that this dream was very vivid and that I could actually read clearly in the dream, which is often impossible. I noticed that although words were used out of context, meaning that the text I read was meaningless, the spelling was normal, and I was able to notice this.

No comments:

Post a Comment