Wednesday 18 May 2016

Dream 632

'Contest'
Date: 18 May 2016
Time: 03:30 - 11:10 (I woke up from this dream - noise from downstairs)
Type of dream: Normal/non-lucid
Dream recall: Weak 

Scene 1: Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was with a dream character, who had set some kind of contest. I think the contest was to take place in a seaside location. Dream imagery consisted of cloud-like objects and everything being a hazy, pastel-pink colour at one point in the dream. I felt like I was inferior, or not good enough for this contest.

I heard someone (unseen - it seemed they were some distance away) say: 'She was smoking a spliff made of money'. I saw an image of a cannabis joint rolled from banknotes, which resembled black and white newspaper - the image was almost like a cartoon, and the joint was huge, and cone-shaped. There was reference - or a visit - to a hotel and also something to do with food or food production.


I was at some point looking at a screen and I received a (Facebook) personal message notification from RBA. I went to click on the notification icon, but was taken to a website which was about childbirth and parenting - there were a number of thumbnails of women's faces - all taken in dark rooms, or at night - the backgrounds were always blue or black and the women had either very white or very pink skin. I couldn't work out how to close this website, or move back to my Facebook page. A (male) dream character behind me said: 'No, that's what's shared with you' - I didn't understand what he meant. I wondered if he meant that other people have uploaded the thumbnail images onto my phone/computer (I am not sure what type of screen I was looking at) without me knowing. 

I saw one of my Facebook friends, RD, who I have not met in real life. He was working as some kind of nightclub boss or pimp - I was in the office he used in his workplace, which was decorated like a mid-2000s, cheap and tacky nightclub, with blue leather. He was sitting at a desk, and some women - wearing nightclub-style clothing - were in the room too. I thought RD looked strange and awkward and got the sense that he was pretending to be more of a businessman than he actually was. There was something very 'cheesy' or 'false' about this whole scene. RD said something to me like: 'You can stay here too' or 'You can join me too' - the implication being that I could work in the nightclub which he was managing. I looked down and noticed he was wearing some really ugly shoes - they were black leather and very long, like clown shoes. This really put me off him, and after seeing these shoes I wanted to leave immediately. 

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • Food/cooking

Dreamsigns
  • Much of this dream was nonsensical 

Day Residue:
  • The day before this dream I had been writing poetry for online poetry contests
  • The day before this dream I had been watching Sugar Rush - there is a scene where the 2 main characters are sitting on the pier in Brighton, smoking a ridiculously large joint
  • The day before this dream I had read Seth Rogen's tips for rolling the best joint - I had been laughing at how small his joint was, and commented to a friend (online) that I roll my own twice as big, due to my long-standing habit, which had resulted in a high tolerance level
  • The day before this dream, I had told DL about a photograph of T.I which I had seen online - T.I. had been wearing some very ugly shoes. DL and I also discussed a status written by a mutual online friend (also a mutual friend of RD), who had criticised the current hip hop fashion trends, even though we (DL and I) had seen nothing wrong with the clothing in the photograph

Waking Reactions: 
This was actually a very long dream when I experienced it from within the dream, but my recall is very poor due to being awoken suddenly by noise downstairs in my house, which distracted me from having good dream recall when I woke up. I do recall that there was something - and element of the dream, a theme, or a entire dream scene which really unsettled me when I first woke up. There was something really disturbing about it, but I cannot recall what it was, and none of the recalled material seems especially troubling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment