Sunday 17 January 2016

Dream 545

'Don't Complete the Sentence!'
Dream date:  15 January 2016

Day 5 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment
This is Day 5 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment.

Scene 1: An Interior Scene, Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was with a dream character - someone who was known to me in the dream, but unidentified (not known to me in real-life however). This person was male, but I cannot say what he looked like as I cannot remember. I was holding a bunch of flowers as we stood in a domestic interior. There were items of furniture and objects in the room, but I cannot recall what. The male dream character (who was my friend in the dream) and I were talking - however, there was some kind of threat - we were not allowed to finish our sentences (i.e. we were not allowed to say the final word of any sentence), or else something bad would happen to us. I am not sure what this might be (because I cannot remember), but there was a sense of fear in the dream and we were trying our best to communicate without finishing our sentences. We then realised that we could say the 'wrong word' at the end of the sentence and it would still be OK - although we were confusing each other and having to guess what the other person meant. This scene seemed to go on for ages and was quite confusing when I woke up and tried to recall what actually happened.

I then realised that IA was present in the room - although he looked older, fatter and much taller than he is in real-life. I looked at a piece of paper - on it was written: 'It's RBA'. I realised the piece of paper was a computer screen, although the text was handwritten. I thought: 'Its weird how RBA is getting mixed up with other people'. It seemed that IA was in fact RBA, although I never actually saw him look like RBA - he just looked like the strange version of himself at the start of this scene. 

Scene 2: My Bathroom in Norwich - Time Unknown
I was then in my bathroom in my house in Norwich - brushing my teeth at the sink. I spat out the toothpaste and saw a disgusting thing come out of my mouth. It was like the interior of a Cadbury's Creme Egg - white and yellow gooey slime, but with rotten black pieces of flesh inside it. There was no pain associated with this, but I felt scared and I was worried, because this had come out of my mouth. I feared that something very bad was wrong with my teeth or gums and that the flesh was rotting away inside my mouth. I thought that I should try and forget about this and think about something else, so I washed the substance down the plughole. 

TIME: 23:30 - 09:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: None
SPECIAL NOTES:  14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment:
  1. MILD Technique 
  2. Tholey's Combined Technique
  3. Dream Incubation methods
  4. Dream Visualisation methods
  5. 100 mg of 'dream supplement' Vitamin B6 taken
  6. 3 Reality Checks
  7. No WB2B

Dream Information:
  • IA is someone I know from my local area and the hip hop scene in general - he organises the main annual weekend hip hop festival in the UK and also hip hop-related events at other times in the year

Dreamsigns:
  • IA was very different looking - and turned out to be RBA
  • The disgusting substance which fell out of my mouth

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • RBA
  • Yellow

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • In the days preceding this dream I had seen IA post about the hip hop festival online (he is currently organising the set list) and other people on my Facebook were contacting/mentioning him 
  • The day before this dream I was telling my housemate about my fear of dentists and how I refuse to get dental treatment - my housemate had just been to the dentist about a problem with her teeth
  • RBA's sister is a dentist
  • I had seen lots of Cadbury's Creme Eggs - both online and in shops, because they are now on sale (ahead of Easter). There was also some controversy as last year Cadbury replaced the chocolate recipe with a standardised one which is of a lesser quality

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

I did not have any specific waking thoughts and emotions connected to this dream, although I was quite disturbed about the final scene where the disgusting substance fell out of my mouth. I was also confused as to Scene 1 and what actually happened here - it was very hard to recall and organise my thoughts - then record this scene as it was more about thoughts/words and speech than action and many elements remained vague.

* I have most certainly forgotten some aspects of this dream, but if I recall them at a later stage, I will record them below

Interpretation/Analysis:
This dream does not appear to be linked to my Dream Incubation Experiment theme in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment