Sunday 24 January 2016

Dream 552

'Please Call Your Brother for Me'
Dream date: 23 January 2016 (Afternoon Nap)

Day 13 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment
This is Day 13 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment.

Scene 1: A Bedroom, Location Unknown - Night
I was in a bedroom - this was my room, but not a real-life one. It was a normal room. I was trying to contact my ex-boyfriend, PS on my mobile phone, but the only number I had for him was out of service and was dead. I felt annoyed because I thought this meant I would never be able to speak to him again. 

I left the room. I was in a hallway. The hallway was very well lit - bright yellow light. There was an open doorway a few meters away and I could see (unidentified) people in this room. Along the (white) wall between my bedroom and the doorway/other room were 3 pillowcases (purple - recognised as my own) pinned to the wall, about 1 meter from the floor. The floor was polished wood and just below the pillowcases was a large yellow cushion - it was a dog's bed. I thought it might belong to N, PS's dog. I started to pull the pillowcases off the wall - they were tacked to the wall with drawing pins and so were easy to remove. I wondered why they were pinned there in the first place.

Scene 2: The Living-room at my Nan's House, Sheringham - Night
I went downstairs and found myself in my Nan's living-room. In the chair beside the kitchen door, someone was sitting with a black duvet covering them, including their face. I said: 'Hello?' and the person pulled the duvet down. It was JGH, PS's teenage sister. She was wearing a spiky metal headband and her hair was styled in loose waves. I thought she looked very pretty. Balanced on a chair in front of her was a laptop, playing a documentary. I asked her what she was watching and she turned the screen to show me that it was a documentary about the notorious TV celebrity, posthumously revealed to be one of the nation's most prolific child sex offenders/paedophiles, Jimmy Savile (1926 - 2011). I was surprised, because I 'remembered' watching the same documentary a short while ago, when I was upstairs in 'my bedroom'. I said: 'That's a coincidence!' I then begged JGH to use her mobile to call PS for me, assuming she has an up-to-date and working phone number for him. She did: it ended in the digits '360'. As soon as she got PS on the line, she handed me the mobile. I said: 'Hi, I was worried I'd never be able to contact you...'

My mobile phone (Facebook message alert) then woke me up from the dream.

TIME:  17:00 - 18:00 hours (I woke up from this dream which occurred during an afternoon nap)
LUCIDITY: Pre-Lucid (I 'remembered' watching the Jimmy Savile documentary - this was something which happened in real-life - see below)
SPECIAL NOTES:  14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment:
  1. MILD Technique 
  2. Tholey's Combined Technique
  3. Dream Incubation methods
  4. Dream Visualisation methods
  5. 100 mg of 'dream supplement' Vitamin B6 taken
  6. NO Reality Checks
  7. No WB2B

Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • PS had his Facebook deleted (due to a refusal to use his real-name on his account) - I do however have 3 separate phone numbers for him in case I need to contact him
  • I have the purple pillowcases on my bed at present
  • The day of this dream I bought a true crime book on Jimmy Savile and I had been reading this just before I took my nap. When I laid down to take a nap, I started to watch a documentary on Jimmy Savile (my laptop balanced on my chair beside my bed) - and fell asleep while it was playing. I woke up just after it had finished, so it had played throughout my dream and influenced my subconscious

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

I found it really interesting that my dream was influenced by the content of the documentary which was playing on my laptop during this nap. I also found the symbolism of the pillowcases and duvet quite significant.

Interpretation/Analysis:
This dream appears to be very vaguely related to the theme of my Dream Incubation Experiment in a way, because JGH is at art college and is a very talented artist - PS often posts images of her artwork online. I therefore associate her with art.

No comments:

Post a Comment