Thursday 21 January 2016

Proust Questionnaire

I thought it would be fun to complete the famous Proust Questionnaire, which is a personality questionnaire, originally answered by French writer, Marcel Proust (1871 - 1922) in 1890. The questionnaire is often given to notable public figures, especially writers, artists, actors and other celebrities working in intellectual or creative fields. I have never answered this questionnaire before, so my answers given in this post are the first time I have completed this task. 

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
The freedom to live without restrictions or responsibilities.

What is your greatest fear?
Disease and ageing.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Apathy.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Ignorance/narrow-mindedness.

Which living person do you most admire?
Tracey Emin.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Cannabis.

What is your current state of mind?
Frustrated.

What do you consider to be the most overrated virtue?
Virtuousness.

On what occasion do you lie?
When police/authorities could hold the truth against me.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
My bone structure.

Which living person do you most despise?
As a misanthrope, I could not narrow it down to one single person after 15 minutes thought about this question. Anyone who possesses the traits I most despise with the addition of power and influence.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Sense of humour.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Sense of humour.

Which words of phrases do you most overuse?
Fuck, cunt, dick, like, erm/umm, oh my God!

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Nip, my ex-boyfriend's dog.

When and where were you happiest?
1999 - 2003: living in Manchester, just prior to my  undergraduate years at University of York, and the period of my degree there. I was experimental with fashion, was a vocalist in 2 hardcore bands and had more dedication to my education and physical health as well as having a very active social life. It also marked my first taste of adult independence, which I adapted to very well.

Which talent would you most like to have?
The ability to sing or dance well enough to make it a career.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'd be more ambitious and driven to fulfil my potential.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Remaining in education my entire life and attaining the number of qualifications I have, despite never having any available money to support myself and having the most chaotic adult life. I don't think anyone would have predicted this when I was younger.

If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
The Marilyn Monroe or the Beyonce of that generation.

Where would you most like to live?
Downtown New York or the West End of London.

What is your most treasured possession?
My laptop because it connects me to the world. I don't care much for material things.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Clinical depression.

What is your favourite occupation?
Cooking for someone else.

What is your most marked characteristic?
Lack of a verbal filter/social inappropriateness.

What do you most value in friends?
Loyalty/trust.

Who are your favourite writers?
Vladimir Nabokov, Sylvia Plath, Anne Sexton, Irvine Welsh, Matthew Collings.

Who is your hero of fiction?
Tank Girl and Jill Tyrell from Nighty Night.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Andy Warhol.

Who are your heroes in real life?
Chris Morris.

What are your favourite names?
Tallulah, Lola, Lila, Delilah, Crystal, Jade, Liam, Serj, Francis, Freddy.

What is it that you most dislike?
Ageing and discrimination/prejudice.

What is your greatest regret?
Wasting past opportunities to better myself or my life.

How would you like to die?
Pain and disease-free, in my sleep while I'm still young enough to leave an attractive corpse.

What is your motto?
Take me as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment