Thursday 28 January 2016

Dream 555 (LUCID FALSE AWAKENING)

'There's a Shark on the Ceiling!'
Dream date: 24 January 2016 (Normal Full Sleep)

Day 14 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment
This is Day 14 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment. This is the second dream I had on this date, as I had one during an afternoon nap - see Dream 554.

Scene 1: My Bedroom, Norwich - Night
I woke up in my bed. I could hear a low buzzing noise in the room. It was dark - as I would expect it to be. I tried to move and found that I had sleep paralysis - and I was instantly aware that this was a false awakening and I was still asleep and dreaming. My first thought was that if I could fight the sleep paralysis and move my 'dream body' I could get out of bed and experience this as a full lucid dream - hopefully with some control. I was trying to move, but I was unable to. The duvet was also in my face and I could not move it away. I was getting frustrated as I could not break through the sleep paralysis and was stuck laying on my back, with the duvet over my nose and mouth (although I could breathe normally). I looked up at the ceiling and found it was a lot less dark than the room had seemed when I first 'woke up'. There was a grey shark hanging upside down on my ceiling, above my bed. I did not feel scared because I was fully lucid and the shark was not a threat to me in any event - it was not moving. I must have fallen back asleep.

Scene 2: My Nan's Back Garden, Sheringham - Day
I was then in my nan's back garden, with Courtney Love and Kendall Jenner. It seemed that we were all friends. However, I pushed Kendall over onto the path which runs down the centre of the garden. She looked very small laying on the floor - almost child-sized. I started to scratch her, while Courtney watched. I could see that I had left red scratch marks on Kendall's face. However, I did not mean to hurt her - I am not sure what I was doing, but it didn't feel malicious. I decided I should take photos of the incident on my mobile phone. Courtney and Kendall both posed for a photograph. I then heard myself say to someone (unseen/unrecalled): 'It's weird how they know each other' (meaning Courtney and Kendall). I was showing the photos of Courtney posing by some bushes and Kendall with the red scratches on her face.

TIME:  02:00 - 11:30 hours (The first part of the dream - the false awakening felt like it occurred just after I fell asleep, but I am not sure if this is what really happened. I am not sure when the rest of the dream took place as I did not appear to seamlessly transition from the false awakening into the second part of the dream)
LUCIDITY: YES: Full lucidity during false awakening
SPECIAL NOTES:  14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment:
  1. MILD Technique 
  2. Tholey's Combined Technique
  3. Dream Incubation methods
  4. Dream Visualisation methods
  5. 100 mg Vitamin B6 taken
  6. NO Reality Checks
  7. No WB2B

Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The incident with Courtney Love and Kendall Jenner

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • My Nan's house/garden in Sheringham as a dream scene location

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I had seen (separate) online articles relating to both Courtney Love and Kendall Jenner on the day of this dream

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

This was a very strange dream experience - and the first false awakening I have had in a long time. Interestingly, this was the fastest I have ever become lucid during a false awakening. It seemed like only seconds passed between 'waking up' and realising I was actually still asleep and dreaming. I wish I could have transformed this experience into a full lucid dream, so it seems like a wasted opportunity.

Interpretation/Analysis:
This dream does not in any way appear to be related to the theme of my Dream Incubation Experiment.

1 comment:

  1. Hit the keyword 'shark' in my personal files:



    Phillip Allen


    1/1/14
    Was driving when I noticed the traffic had come to a sudden stop. I quickly went around avoiding a collision and ended up in the turn lane, to the left. When the light turned green, I just merged back in to go straight. The distraction however made me forget where I was going. I parked on a side street. Went into some building where I recognized someone assisting someone on a computer and would get to me when she finished. I told her the place I was going was to some private high school. She seemed to know. She was rather sleek, and familiar. I noticed a guy through the window looking at the tear in her pants in the back and was gawking at it. The scenary out the window turned into a type of ocean with sharks floating around. A rather large black mass in the sky, luminuous floating. Not sure if it was a specie of jelly or stingray. I pointed it out to someone. (Some father and son meandered through, and I looked at the clock and it was coming on 5. I was late, so began to review my homework in my mind. I wandered down a hall...

    ReplyDelete