Saturday 23 January 2016

Dream 551

'Hotel Room Food'
Dream date: 22 January 2016

Day 12 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment
This is Day 12 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment.

Scene 1:Hotel Room in Glasgow, Scotland - Evening
I was in the hotel room which I stayed in when I went to Glasgow (November 2015) for Strathclyde University Law Conference (a Travelodge). I was sitting on the bed and RBA (who met me in Glasgow, which is his local area) was with me. The headboard of the bed was like a shelf (white) and on this was a tray of sandwiches, cakes and other delicious snacks. RBA and I were excited to eat the snacks and put the tray on the bed to start eating them. Suddenly, the door of the room opened and in came 2 females (white, middle-aged). I was aware that one of these women was my stepdad's ex-wife (RM) and the mother of my step-bother, although she looked different (but I don't know her personally and have not seen her in over 15 years, so this did not surprise me). The 2 women were carrying suitcases and it appeared that the hotel room had been double-booked, meaning RBA and I had to leave. 

Scene 2: A Bus Stop Location Unknown - Evening
I was then standing at a bus stop, although I am not sure where I was. I am not sure if RBA was with me at this point in the dream. The bus was parked by the bus stop and there were members of public standing at the stop, but not boarding the bus. It was dark (so evening, but not late night) and the weather was rainy. I was standing beside a young white female who had a baby/young child in a pushchair. She threw some eggs at the side of the bus, causing them to splatter and make a mess. I was watching, wondering why she was doing this pointless act of vandalism. She was laughing.

Scene 2: A Domestic Interior, Location Unknown - Evening
I was then in a domestic interior, which I did not recognise from real-life. This was the location RBA (who was with me again) had been forced to relocate to after being removed from the hotel. I was whining at my mum, who was also present, about the loss of the food, which was 'Afternoon Tea' and I was pestering her to go and collect the tray of food for us to enjoy. This seemed to be more important to me than the fact we had been thrown out of the hotel. My mum was hesitant to go and collect the food, given that her husband's ex-partner was in the room, but I convinced her to go and get it. My mum must have left and gone to the hotel, but it did not seem as though much time passed before she came back with the tray of food for us, which pleased me.

TIME: 02:30 - 11:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: None
SPECIAL NOTES:  14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment:
  1. MILD Technique 
  2. Tholey's Combined Technique
  3. Dream Incubation methods
  4. Dream Visualisation methods
  5. 100 mg of 'dream supplement' Vitamin B6 taken
  6. 3 Reality Checks
  7. No WB2B

Dream Information:
  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • RBA as a dream character
  • My mum as a dream character
  • Female dream character with baby at bus stop

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • 2 days before this dream, my stepdad mentioned to me (on Facebook) that he was upset not to be a part of his grandchild's life - his ex-wife and son have excluded him and my mum for no reason
  • My previous experience in the hotel
  • The fact RBA and I got some snacks/junk food to eat while in the hotel 
  • The day before this dream I had discussed Afternoon Tea with one of my students

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

I had no particular waking thoughts and emotions about this dream.

* I have may have possibly forgotten some aspects of this dream. If I recall anything else at a later stage, I will record it below

Interpretation/Analysis:
This dream does not appear to be related to the theme of my Dream Incubation Experiment in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment