Saturday 16 April 2016

Dream 606

'Vlogging & Gun Crime'
Dream date: 13 April 2016

This is Day 45 of my Dream Incubation Experiment. You can read the details and methodology of my latest Dream Incubation Experiment by clicking HERE

Scene 1: The Road my Nan's House is on, Sheringham - Dusk

There was a scene which took place before this one, but I cannot recall it. I was aware - prior to this scene that there was a family party being held. I was going to it, in the evening. As I found myself walking along the road that my Nan's house is on, I noticed that a popular Youtuber and makeup guru, Tanya Burr (who originates from Norfolk - I have actually seen her in Norwich) was walking ahead of me. It was at this point that I realised my family party was in honour of Tanya, the star guest. I could only see Tanya from the back, and I noticed that she was much smaller and skinnier than in real-life (she has a slim curvy figure like me in real-life). She was wearing a short pleated mini-skirt which was barely visible under a long yellow top. Tanya was vlogging - I could see she was holding a camera in front of her as she walked ahead of me. I didn't want to be caught in the frame of the camera and appear on video, so I ducked into a hedge. 

At the party - which did not appear to be in my Nan's house, just a random, nondescript interior, with all of my family present, there was a huge cake. It had 3 tiers, and was covered in white icing and ornate brown details, which I knew were 'coffee flavour'. This was Tanya's cake. Everyone started to dive into the cake, eating it messily with their hands, like animals. I stood back for a moment, waiting for the crowd of cake-eating family members, to subside. When people moved aside, I saw there was only a small corner of the cake missing. However, as I moved forward to eat some myself, someone (a female relative, unrecalled) said: 'No, that's for Tanya, there's not enough for you'. 

Scene 2: A Bedsit/Hotel Room - Time Unknown
I was in a bedsit or hotel room, which was where a male dream character lived. The male dream character was a large (tall and quite robust/fat) white man with a gingery-brown beard, dressed in urban clothing. He seemed to be a composite between BC (a friend in real-life) and Action Bronson, rapper. The room had a bed and perhaps some other furniture. It was messy. We were sitting on the bed. The door to the room was a white mesh double-door (like a saloon door). Suddenly, my male companion got 2 large semi-automatic guns (made of platinum, which sparkled brightly and made me think that my friend was very wealthy) and fired them repeatedly into the ceiling of the room. The situation did not feel 'dangerous' because of the guns - the fact that my friend was shooting the ceiling was not threatening. However, I could hear police sirens approaching, and my concern was that my friend would get caught with the guns and land a possession of firearms charge, as I was aware his gun possession was illegal. I said to my friend: 'Hide the guns!' and went to the door, but realised that both parts of the double door (which was meshed and therefore, could be seen through anyway) had been open the whole time, during the firing of the guns, and there had been a number of witnesses in the corridor outside the room - men and women, who were still standing there, some distance away, looking shocked. I felt resigned and turned to my friend and said: 'I'll have to be your defence lawyer now'.

TIME: 00:30 - 08:30 hours (I don't know when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • Tanya Burr was coming to a family party
  • The gun scene

Recurrent Dream Themes:

  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:

  • I regularly watch Tanya Burr's Youtube channel - she is also launching a cookbook based on baking - which she also makes videos about - I wonder if the fact the cake was Tanya's and there was not enough for me is a subconscious realisation that I will never be as popular or successful on social media as someone like Tanya Burr, who is a real star, as opposed to a casual amateur like myself
  • I had made a joke 15 second video to send to RBA - to prove 'girls are better than boys' (context irrelevant)
  • I had remembered an incident in which one of my sexual partners shoved a camera phone in my face while I was giving him oral sex, and I had laughed and pushed my hair in front of my face, because I didn't want a close up
  • I had recently been discussing the Kim Kardashian and Ray J sex tape on Facebook, and defending Kim's right to not be continuously criticised over her actions, given no-one uses the same sexual moral judgments about Ray J
  • I had been listening to music by Action Bronson - in his video for 'Baby Blue' feat. Chance the Rapper, there is a moment when guns are fired into the ceiling - also in the video (which is something I was not consciously aware of noticing before, until I retrieved a Youtube screenshot of Bronson in the video, to illustrate this Blog post) Bronson is dressed in a tartan waistcoat and a tam o shanter, which I associate with the Scottish. RBA (who is Scottish) told me he had to wear a waistcoat for a new job. In the same conversation he had jokingly said that he wanted to become an assassin, so I had said to him: 'At least you already have a defence lawyer on your team' (meaning me) and he had said he would use me as his defence lawyer if he ever became an assassin

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was not related to my Dream Incubation Experiment, other than there were guns in this dream, which are obviously a real-life and dream symbol of violence. However, there was no threat to human life and limb in the dream, and the firing of the guns did not appear to be violent. However, the association of the dream content with the possible day residue (RBA telling me he wanted to be an assassin, hinted at by my reference to being his defence lawyer, and the implicit connection to Scottishness in the Bronson video - which I had told RBA to listen to previous, further consolidating the association) means that on some level, this dream could be loosely connected with a serial killer theme. RBA and I often discuss serial killers, as we both have some form of fascination, although me more-so than him, as he says he does not 'hero worship' (I don't either, but I guess I am more entertained by true crime, which makes me appear to 'enjoy' it).

* I have definitely forgotten some aspects of this dream. If I recall anything else later, I will record it below.


No comments:

Post a Comment