Saturday 23 April 2016

Dream 612

'Back to School'
Dream date: 22 April 2016

This is Day 54 of my Dream Incubation Experiment. You can read the details and methodology of my latest Dream Incubation Experiment by clicking HERE


Scene 1: An Exterior Location, Sheringham - Day

I have forgotten the majority of this dream, although I remembered much more when I first woke up from it. The problem was that after laying still in bed, recalling the dream, I fell asleep again for a couple of hours, which destroyed my memory of the dream!

I think the dream started in the back garden of my Nan's house in Sheringham. I was with DL. It was a sunny day. I was aware - or perhaps DL told me - that he was dating a woman who would be joining us. I did not want DL's date to join us - I thought it would be awkward and unnecessary, which I told him. He seemed to be favouring this woman (unseen in the dream, as she was not present in this scene) and preferring her to me, his ex and best friend. I was getting annoyed.


I then saw the exterior of my former primary school (which is fairly close to my Nan's house as they are at the same end of the town).  I was standing outside, looking at the front of the building (see image, below). The school was painted in very bright multi-coloured paint and looked joyful. I was supposed to be attending primary school again.


I cannot recall anything else about this dream.


TIME: 04:30 - 11:50 hours (I woke up from this dream, then went back to sleep again)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • I was attending primary school again!

Recurrent Dream Themes:


Potential Day/Dream Residue:

  • The day of this dream, I had to complete an assignment for my Teaching Skills course - I finished shortly before I went to sleep
  • A couple of days ago I had told my friend SS about my former primary school headmistress (cannot recall her name), who was a Christian fanatic. She drove a multi-coloured minibus with religious symbolism painted all over it and forced us to sing a song she made up (to the tune of 'Jingle Bells'), which was called 'JOY' (the lyrics were: 'J-O-Y, J-O-Y / Surely that must mean / Jesus first, yourself last and others in between!'). She used to punish me and my friend for expressing 'atheist views' (we weren't aware of what atheism was, we were just of the opinion that God didn't exist and we shouldn't be forced to pray or sing songs about him just because our headmistress wanted assemblies - and other lessons - to have a Christian theme). I used to bring adult horror books - especially ones with demonic or satanic themes - into lessons with me when I was 9 - 10 years old, just to assert myself in this respect. I was a strong-willed, rebellious child. I was obsessed with buying horror books from the secondhand bookshop which me and my Nan used to visit every Saturday, on our way home from town, and because I was such a mature reader, my family didn't mind if the books were unsuitable for young children, since I was aware they were fictional and I was too literate for most books aimed at my age group (although I did still read some child-appropriate books). The headmistress used to contact my Mum about my 'evil' reading material, and my Mum paid no attention to her, because she thought the headmistress was a weird hippy Bible-basher (NO-ONE liked her, even the teaching staff, it seemed)
  • When analysing Dream 611 - 'Redbreast', I had looked at the Facebook profile of one girl who DL and I been discussing (not the 2 mentioned in Dream 611, but a third one, who is again, in the same social circle). DL said that this third female, LB, looked a lot like CLS. I noticed LB was a Deftones fan, like myself. I know one of the other girls (referenced in Dream 611) is also a Deftones fan. DL and I had been discussing Deftones a couple of days ago, and I wondered (when looking at Facebook profiles of the females who I thought influenced my dream) if he knew they had a new album because he had seen her reference it online. Deftones have a track on their White Pony (2000) called 'Back to School (Mini Maggit)' which I often have on my gym playlist!
* Please also note that today (24 April 2016, as I update this dream), I was telling DL about this dream and what I thought influenced it. He told me that he had seen the reference to the Deftones album on the Facebook page of LB (1 of the 3 girls, JSS, CLS and LB referenced in this dream report and in Dream 611 - 'Redbreast' ) - confirming my suspicions outlined in the Potential Day/Dream Residue section, above). Remember, LB is not on my Facebook friends list, so I only noticed her reference to Deftones because I was looking at the public parts of her profile following my recording and analysis of Dream 611! This means that my subconscious really did pick up the the cues I suspected it had when trying to interpret the meaning and influence of this dream!

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was not related to my Dream Incubation Experiment. I found this dream pretty 'flat' when I woke up from it...as if there was something making me feel empty or unsatisfied. Until I recall the forgotten aspects of this dream I am unable to analyse why it made me feel this way.

* I may have forgotten some aspects of this dream. If I recall anything else later, I will record it below.


*Recalled Dream Scene (23 April 2016 at 00:57 hours)

While I was in my Nan's back garden with DL, I saw a large metal pencil sharpener laying in the grass. Recalling a real-life memory from a few weeks previously, where I had bought a plastic pencil sharpener in a pharmacy (on DL's road), and told him I hoped it sharpened cosmetic pencils as well as metal sharpeners did, I picked up the pencil sharpener in the dream, thinking: 'I need this, because the plastic one I bought was useless!' I was pleased to get a good metal pencil sharpener for free!
*Memory Trigger: I was looking in my makeup bag for my eyebrow tweezers, when I saw my eyebrow/eyeliner/lipliner pencils, which triggered the memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment