Monday 18 April 2016

Dream 609

'Computer Hacking & Fraud'
Dream date: 16 April 2016

This is Day 48 of my Dream Incubation Experiment. You can read the details and methodology of my latest Dream Incubation Experiment by clicking HERE

Scene 1: An Interior (Location Unknown) - Time Unknown

I was talking to RBA in a dream, and in the dream, his last name was 'Lawrence' - I questioned in my mind how this was possible, as I knew his real last name, which is nothing like 'Lawrence'. I cannot recall the context or action/conversation in the scene with RBA. 

I was then in an interior (it may have been the same one as the previous part of the scene with RBA) with DL. DL was telling me that BC (his friend, who is also my friend on Facebook) was getting involved in some kind of computer-based fraud/hacking. It seemed like it was serious and highly illegal in the way DL was telling me. BC was in the same location, but I was not aware of this fact until I heard a doorbell ring and saw BC go to answer the door. DL said: 'That's BC's secret girlfriend, but no-one knows about her' - she was a 'secret girlfriend' because she was an expert computer hacker and fraudster and needed to protect her identity. She was going to teach BC how to commit computer hacking/fraud. I knew she had a black bobbed hairstyle and a thin, pale face - but I am not sure I actually saw her in the dream as she did not enter the room we were in.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

TIME: 02:30 - 11:30 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: Pre or Semi-Lucidity - I questioned the dream using my waking logic, but I did not become fully lucid
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • RBA's last name was 'Lawrence' - which in the dream I recognised as being untrue

Recurrent Dream Themes:


Potential Day/Dream Residue:

  • The day of this dream I had been thinking about the murder of Stephen Lawrence (1974 - 1993), a young black British male who was killed by racist thugs in 1993. The case highlighted the desperate and appalling state of institutional 'canteen' racism in the UK police force and prosecution - it took 20 years for 2 of the defendants to eventually be convicted of the heinous racially-motivated murder, following a 'cold case investigation' which was campaigned for rigorously, not only by the Lawrence family, but many others shocked and dismayed at how the case was mishandled and the lack of justice. I could write forever about this case and the impact it had on me, as a British citizen and lawyer. It motivated me to become involved in anti-hate crime activism. I had been thinking about this case in particular, after I read a short comment online which referred to the fact that 2 of Lawrence's killers enjoy the anonymity of reporting restrictions shielding their identity (my academic research is on defendant anonymity orders in criminal cases)
  • I had been speaking to RBA on Facebook chat just prior to falling asleep and having this dream - I had made a comment about us and our lack of regime and routine (I said 'slackers unite!') and then afterwards I referred to myself elsewhere as a 'slacktivist' - and the phrase 'hacktivist' (for hacker groups such as Anonymous - which also ties in to the association with the Stephen Lawrence case and the anonymity orders benefiting the defendants
  • BC was in my dream from 3 nights previous - Dream 606 - 'Vlogging & Gun Crime' - BC used to work with computers

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was not related to my Dream Incubation Experiment, although it did include a reference to a real-life murder.

* I have definitely forgotten some aspects of this dream. If I recall anything else later, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment