Friday 6 January 2017

Dream 751

'Usurping Racist Police Chiefs'
Date: 6 January 2017
Time: 07:30 - 13:00 (I woke up from this dream due to an alarm)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: A Fair (External Location) - Day
I have forgotten some of the details of this dream, but I clearly recall the narrative events. The parts of the dream I have forgotten involve conversations with dream characters and the precise identities of some of the dream characters, who were based on people I know in waking reality. This dream seemed a lot more complex while I was dreaming it and seemed to continue for quite a while (i.e. it was a long dream). 

I was at some kind of outside fair - there were some 'inside' areas (i.e. buildings) as well, but I am not sure of the location or what kind of fair this was. I was with my Mum and my friend, CEC amongst other dream characters. 

There was a Chief of Police at the fair - I think he was the spokesperson. He was a middle-aged white male in a police uniform and a stage had been set up for him and other police officers to speak to the crowd/audience who were present at the fair.

The Chief of Police was accompanied by a young male who looked exactly like Adam Driver's character, Kylo Ren from Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015). I cannot recall his name in the dream, but I really liked him and thought that he was 'on my side' whereas the police were 'against me'. 

The Chief of Police got on stage - there was a band behind him. and other police officers on the stage, which had a lot of microphones arranged for speakers. The Chief of Police started to make racist statements to the crowd, blaming immigrants and asylum seekers for the problems in the UK. I was angry. I took to the stage and went up to a microphone which was positioned at the front edge of the stage. I started to make an anti-racist speech, during which I referred to the fact that the UK is made better by immigrants who bring their skills and ambitions to study and work here, and enrich our diverse culture. I used the word 'pinnacle' during my speech, although I cannot recall what context I said this in. The crowd was applauding me, although there was also some hostility from certain groups in the audience who disagreed with my views. 

I got off the stage and went to speak to the Kylo Ren dream character, asking him to come with me somewhere. He was hesitant as he said that he had to stay with the Chief of Police (who may have been his father or other family member, I cannot recall). I was hugging him while he leaned against a wall in a small building on the site. The Chief of Police was walking around, and although he was annoyed at me for invading the stage and speaking out against him, he wasn't being particularly hostile to me.

I know there was much more detail to this dream, but I cannot recall it.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • An actor involved in the Star Wars franchise as a dream character
  • My Mum as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was at a fair held by a racist Chief of Police

Day Residue
  • The day before this dream I had been writing about my Ewan McGregor dreams
  • On the day before this dream, I had been laughing at memes posted on the Facebook page dedicated to 'Sith-Posting' ('shitposting')
  • On the day of this dream I had read a shocking Daily Mail article by the heinous, ugly-minded and ignorant bigot, Katie Hopkins, who was making racist statements and criticising Lily Allen for her leftwing remarks about the immigration problem - she also referred to incidents where Allen had been photographed in a state after consuming alcohol and drugs at Notting Hill Carnival last summer. In the comments below the article, some readers (conservative) had also criticised Ewan McGregor's charity work
  • On the day of this dream I had a debate about free speech in the comments section of a story about Ellen DeGeneres (and Pharrell Williams) following revelation that Ellen had banned American gospel singer Kim Burrell from her show due to homophobic statements made by Burrell

Waking Reactions: 
This dream seems to be based on Day Residue rather than my Dream Incubation Experiment. It was quite an interesting dream, although I am not sure how much it reflects my subconscious desires or wishes. It most certainly reflects my hatred of racism and hate speech and perhaps, also my distrust for the police or other state authority figures. 

I know I have forgotten large amounts of this dream, but if I recall anything further, I will record it below.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:


No comments:

Post a Comment