Tuesday 24 January 2017

Dream 765

'Jealousy & Abuse'
Date: 22 January 2017
Time: 22:00 - 06:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: My University Campus, Norwich - Day
I was at my University campus, which appeared slightly different. I wasn't aware this was my University while in the dream, only on reflection. I was outside the 'Registry' building, but it looked different - more like a composite of this area and also the train station in Sheringham (see Google Maps images below). 

I was standing watching a male dream character (known to me in the dream) smoking a cigarette outside the Registry building. This was an adult white male wearing light coloured clothing. I then became aware that this man was actually smoking cannabis. As I watched, a cartoon bolt of lightening came suddenly (with no thunder to warn of a storm) and struck the male dream character on the top of his head. I was shocked, but not scared. I didn't see what happened to this dream character. 

I walked a short distance away, round a corner and found a small square of concrete surrounded by grass. On the concrete section of the ground was a fox, which was laying on it's side. I perceived the fox to be an 'enemy' - or at least I did not like it. I was trying to summons it to me so that I could catch it. I am not sure what happened. 

Scene 3: An Exterior, Location Unknown - Evening
I was then in another exterior scene, although I am not sure where this was. There was a grassy bank and I was at the top of this, with a number of dream characters, including one female who was a composite between CDF (a female friend of PS, who is on my Facebook friends list); GS (a female student who I have met during the course of my employment on many occasions); and SH (a girl from my former primary/high school). The thing which links all of these random girls is that they share a certain facial appearance and have what I would describe as a typical 'English' complexion with pale skin, rosy cheeks and mid-brown hair. They are all of a similar build also. In the dream, this composite female dream character was neither a friend nor a foe, but was working with me in relation to something. There were other dream characters present and it seemed as if we had set up some kind of 'office' on top of the grassy area as we had laptops and other items which led me to think we were 'working' on something together. The female (I will refer to her as 'Sarah' for ease) was showing or telling me about emails/text messages sent between my ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend, all of which related to me. These emails/messages appeared before my eyes in the space in front of me - black text on a white background. I am not sure how the words appeared in the dream (i.e. whether they were 'readable' in the normal sense), but I could read them perfectly in the dream. The font was Helvetica or Ariel. The messages were all abusive in that they criticised me and referred to me as 'fat' and 'insane'. I felt these were unjustified and wrong and I became angry. I was also wanting to get back together with PS and felt that this would now be impossible as he had revealed his true feelings about me in these emails/messages. I also felt that Sarah was on the side of PS and the new girlfriend, rather than me - despite the fact she was telling me she was 'neutral'. We argued - I was saying I was still in love with PS and I wanted Sarah to help me win him back and Sarah was telling me that she could not help me because PS was happy in his new relationship and she did not want to get involved. I got up from the grassy bank in temper and walked down from it, so that I was on lower ground, looking up at Sarah and the other dream characters who were still sitting (with laptops and other items) at the top. Sarah tried to pacify me and call me back up, but I resisted and started to run away, shouting something. 

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream. 

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • Ex-boyfriend (PS) as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was at a dream scene location which was a composite of 2 different familiar areas
  • I saw a dream character get struck by lightening - the lightening looked like a cartoon
  • I was trying to summons a dead fox
  • 'Sarah' was a dream character composed of 3 different females known to me in real life
  • The events regarding my ex-boyfriend PS 
  • I could see emails or messages in the space in front of me

Day Residue
  • A few days ago I mentioned that I dislike foxes as I see them when out in the forest and worry they might attack me
  • The day of this dream I saw the Facebook profile of CDF - a friend of PS from London
  • On the day of this dream I had visited the Blog of AWB, someone who PS dated a couple of times after we had separated - I had been angry after finding out that AWB had told PS that I was 'mental' (PS informed me of this, because we were still in contact at the time; I had been annoyed, because AWB seemed to be immersing herself in my circle of friends and now moving in on my ex-boyfriend who had supported me a lot during a mental breakdown I suffered around the time I started this Blog. Given AWB had the same form of mental health issues, I thought she had been extremely mistaken and nasty in the way she allegedly spoke about me to my ex)
Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure if this dream was related to my Dream Incubation Experiment. However, again there was the recurrent theme of an ex-boyfriend and in particular, PS. In the dream I was very jealous of his new relationship and annoyed about the messages which had been sent between him and his new girlfriend - and in reality, I would probably feel the same if these series of events happened in real life. 

I may have forgotten some details about this dream, as it was a long and complex one, which I seemed to recall very vividly upon waking (but did not write down immediately). If I remember anything else, I will record it below.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment