Tuesday 31 January 2017

Dream 768

'The Best Place in London'
Date: 29 January 2017
Time: 23:00 - 05:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal fragments
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: London - Day
I was in London - I am not sure which area of London, as I think that it was my subconscious imagination creating new places for the dream. I was with a female dream character - I think it may have been a transgender male-to-female person who I know online, so I will refer to them as NG. There were other people with us, although I cannot recall who was there at the start of the dream, which involved us trying to use the tube (the underground train system) to get to a particular place in London, although none of us seemed to know which line to take or which stop to get off at. It was all confusing and there was a sense of urgency or at least need to get there by a certain time. At first there were a few occasions where we went to the wrong place - we would get off the train in the tube station and realise this, and then have to get back on a train to go somewhere else. I cannot recall exactly what happened or was said between us during these scenes, but it was frustrating.

Eventually, I thought we needed to be somewhere called 'Friars' (there is a tube stop called 'Black Friars' but it was not here), as 'Friars' was only a short walk from what I thought was our intended location - a simple walk across the street. 

On street-level, it was a very sunny day and we were in an urban area. I could see that there was a lot of traffic at a very wide intersection, and many tall buildings that you might see in Central London. We were running across the street after we saw a sign which pointed in the direction I thought we should be walking in. 

Suddenly we came to a courtyard. It looked older - the architecture of the buildings was not modern, but I cannot describe them well, although this scene was very vivid to me. The buildings were around the outside of the courtyard and were made of red/orange brick/stone (I think this is actually called 'brownstone') - they seemed to be based on Georgian townhouses, but with some ornate architectural detailing at the top (see images, below). They formed a square. In the middle of the square there were a number of tables and chairs - like an outside cafe, where dream characters were sitting in the sun enjoying drinks or conversation. There was a narrow alleyway between 2 of the buildings. I walked down it and saw that it was filled with more tables with many dream characters sitting there. The thing which was most striking was that the whole area was filled with beautiful luscious flowers of all colours - in planters and hanging baskets, which made the area look exotic and just breathtaking. I thought this was the most amazing place I had ever seen in London. It felt like the happiest place on Earth to me in the dream and I wanted to stay forever. I noticed there were snapdragons, which are one of my favourite flowers.

I then left, because I needed to find NG and the other people we were with. I cannot quite recall what happened after that, but I remember that shortly after I left the square with flowers, I wanted to return there and show it to the other dreams characters I was with, but had forgotten which tube station we needed to go to. I eventually found the same area again, and everyone with me enjoyed seeing this place and the beautiful flowers. 

I then found myself on a train, sitting next to my Nan and opposite NG and a green person who resembled Dr Seuss' Grinch. NG was sitting between his feet, as if she were a small child and she was holding a book. The Grinch was scary and although he was with the group I was part of, I was afraid that he might turn against me. He had an aggressive demeanour, so I wanted to keep him happy. Everytime he spoke to me, he got up close into my face and pointed his finger at me. My Nan was being annoying - she was trying to interrupt the Grinch and I was worried that he might snap and become angry. She was trying to show him something in a book. To try and keep the Grinch on my side, I told my Nan that she needed to sit elsewhere on the train and leave him alone, which she did. 

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • The square with flowers seemed to be fantastical and special
  • The Grinch dream character

Day Residue
  • On the day of this dream I had a conversation about when I lived in London
  • On the day of this dream DL told me that I like 'ugly architecture' because I like 1960s architecture - especially Brutalism (my favourite type of buildings looks 'Soviet' or 'institutional', although there are other period styles I like as well, such as Georgian)
  • The day before this dream I mentioned Kew Gardens to my housemate SC
  • The day of this dream I watched Nostalgia Critic review Dr Seuss (1904 - 1991) movie adaptions - one of which was How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1957) which was adapted into The Grinch (2000). Like Nostalgia Critic (Doug Walker), I detest the way in which some of my favourite childhood books have been interpreted and portrayed by Hollywood

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure how this dream is related to my Dream Incubation Experiment. However, it was a very enjoyable dream and seemed significant - at least going to the area of London where I saw the flowers aroused some extremely positive feelings in me and I wanted to stay there forever.

I have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but if I recall anything further, I will record it below.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment