Friday 20 January 2017

Dream 761

'French Language, Teeth & Tongues'
Date: 19 January 2017
Time: 22:00 - 06:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: The Forest Area by the Lake, University Campus, Norwich - Day
I was in the woodland (nature reserve) area beside the lake on my University campus. I started walking back towards the main part of campus, across the field. During this time I was 'learning French' or at least there was thoughts/verbalisations linked to 'learning French language' which I cannot explain. I cannot recall what words were used or whether they were actually French.

As I exited from a thicket of trees (where I often go to write poetry) and headed down the dirt path back to the field, I saw my former primary school teacher, Mrs Grint, standing on the edge of the path which joins to the field. In the dream, I 'recalled' that she had been my high school French teacher (she never worked at my high school or taught French). As I approached her, she started to talk about French lessons and how I was being held back from proper pronunciation of French words due to the 'state of my teeth'. I showed her my teeth by opening my mouth wide and telling her that I brushed them several times throughout the day. She then told me that I was 'tongue-tied' (I do in fact have a short tongue due to where the frenulum is situated) and that I should get an operation to correct it. We were walking at this point and it was a sunny day. My environment looked as it would in real life.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • The abstract nature of 'learning French'
  • The fact my primary school teacher, Mrs Grint, was falsely recalled as being my 'French teacher' at high school - and that she was on campus at my current University

Day Residue
  • I often walk to the areas which featured in this dream
  • About a week prior to this dream I had been discussing learning new languages with DL, SC and NB (a colleague and friend at University)
  • On the day of this dream, one of my Facebook friends had been writing rude comments on my status in French and we had been having a joke about how they sounded 'classy'. I commented that we didn't learn these phrases when I did GCSE French at school
  • On the day of this dream I had been trying to pronounce the word 'impasse' and asked my housemate SC to say it for me first
  • I had been thinking about my teeth
  • I always think my tongue is a lot shorter than average!

Waking Reactions: 
This dream was not related to my Dream Incubation Experiment, but instead appears to be related to Day Residue

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment