Friday 13 January 2017

Dream 755

'Hair Dilemmas'
Date: 12 January 2017
Time: 03:45 - 11:00 (I woke up from this dream due to my doorbell ringing)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: Location Unknown - Day
There was an outside scene (sunny day) beside a wall (knee-height, made of brick) in which I was told that a problematic student (with a brain injury and mental health issues) had not left my university, despite no longer being a registered student there. This meant that I was still responsible for his welfare and I was not happy about this. I cannot recall how this scene resolved itself.

I was then aware that there was something wrong with my hair. I was able to see the back of my head, as if I had detached my hair, like a wig and was able to hold it in my hands. It was as if I was holding my own scalp. The inside of my scalp looked like the rough interior of a barrister's/judge's wig and I could see that there was a large bald patch in my hair where this 'wig interior' could be seen through. I realised my head was 'rotten' or 'mouldy' due to damp. This worried me.

I then saw my reflection in a mirror. I am not sure if I looked like the real life version of myself, as there was nothing 'odd' about the reflection. I styled my hair into a centre parting and was happy with the look as it made my face look a lot slimmer. 

Extra Information: 
  • I took 100mg of Vitamin B6 several hours before I went to bed

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • Something wrong with my hair

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was able to hold my own scalp in my hands
  • My scalp looked like a wig

Day Residue
  • On the day of this dream I had read an article about a woman who developed a bald patch (alopecia) due to use of dry shampoo. I do not use dry shampoo
  • I was once told by a female barrister that she had to get her hair cut due to the back of her hair going mouldy from wearing her wig on top of damp hair. Many barristers claim that frequent wearing of wigs can cause alopecia, and this is a thought which has always worried me

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure if this dream was related to my Dream Incubation Experiment, as it seems to be mainly influenced by Day Residue

I may have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but if I recall them later, I will record them below.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment