Monday 16 January 2017

Dream 757

'Bubbles & White Handbags'
Date: 14 January 2017
Time: 20:00 - 06:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - where I ask my subconscious mind: WHAT DOES MY HEART DESIRE? You can read the introductory post (and watch the accompanying Youtube video by clicking HERE - opens in new window)

Scene 1: Unknown Interior - Location Unknown
This was a very long and complex dream with bizarre themes and imagery. I know that I have forgotten some of the details of this dream. 

I was in an interior which was quite dark. There were other (unrecalled) dream characters in the room with me. I was sitting at a table with some of them, blowing a stream of bubbles into the air from some kind of bubble-making machine. In the dream, this 'bubble-making machine' represented 'marriage'. The act of blowing bubbles was the act of getting married. This made perfect sense in the dream. There was some discussion between the dream characters and I about the 'marriage'. 

I then saw my stepbrother and his partner. They were expecting another baby. I am not sure if I was looking at them - or images of them - it seemed to be a photoshoot from the way they were on the ground posing and the fact I saw them in a number of different poses, one of which was in an open doorway (the front door of a house). NB (the partner) was wearing a  white T-shirt. Their daughter, MM was with them. 

Scene 2: An Exterior - Day
I was then outside, walking down a pavement which had a road on one side, and a hip-height wall with a chain link fence on top of it on the other side. On the other side of the wall/chain-link fence was a park or some green bushes and grass. I could see residential houses in the distance. It was a sunny day. 

I could see - approximately 50 metres away that I had left a white leather handbag on the wall. I could see 4 young, white male dream characters approaching the bag and I feared that they would steal it. I shouted to them: 'Please leave it!' while running towards the bag. They did not touch it and I was able to retrieve it safely.

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream. 

Extra Information: 
  • I took 100mg of Vitamin B6 several hours before I went to bed

Recurrent Dream Themes: 
  • Marriage as a dream theme

Dreamsigns: 
  • The bubble machine represented 'marriage'

Day Residue
  • On the day of this dream I had seen someone's Facebook 'cover picture' which was an image of bubbles with 'West Ham United' written in them (the football team's anthem is 'I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles')
  • On the day of this dream I had seen my stepbrother's partner (NB) tagged into a photograph of their young daughter on one of my friend's Facebook profiles. My Stepbrother and his partner treat my Mum and Stepdad really badly and deny them access to their grandchild out of spite, so I dislike both of them very much for this, especially given my parents helped them out a lot and have never done anything to hurt them
  • On the day of this dream I was describing a Youtube video to DL which involved a 'white plastic handbag' which was shaped like a chicken

Waking Reactions: 
I am not sure if this dream was related to my Dream Incubation Experiment, as it seems to be mainly influenced by Day Residue. This was a very bizarre dream, not only because of the Dreamsigns, but also the way it made me feel when I woke up. I felt like I had become involved in something problematic - something which left a bitter memory. I cannot explain what I mean. There was a definite negative emotion linked to recalling this dream - perhaps because it involved my Stepbrother, although previous dreams in which he has appeared have not had the same effect. It may be because I had seen the photographs on Facebook that day and had become angry about the situation with my parents, and this transferred into the dream. 

I have most certainly forgotten considerable details of this dream, but if I recall them later, I will record them below.

Here is my Youtube video where I describe my current Dream Incubation Experiment:

No comments:

Post a Comment